Friday 8 September 2017

Top 5 Most Read Authors

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I still have a bunch of reviews to do, I don't want to do a bunch in one go, so today I will be listing my Most Read Authors!
Just a note, this isn't my most owned authors, but merely the authors with which I've read the most books, because I've read a lot of authors where I don't own every book I've read.
I hope you enjoy the list!


1. Jacqueline Wilson (36 books)
 

Although I have not read Jacqueline Wilson in the longest time, she dominated as my favourite author when I was a child. To date I have read 36 of her books, and even though she has written a couple of teen books such as Love Lessons and the Girls Out Late series, most of her books are children. I'm not going to list all of them, but I have read
-All the Tracy Beaker books
-Candyfloss
-Bad Girls
-Cookie
-The Lottie Project
And a whole bunch of others!



2. Lemony Snicket (13 books)
In this case I do own most of the Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, with the exception of book 11, The Grim Grotto (which I have been searching for for months.) But this is the most quirky, dark and interesting series that I have ever read. I really want to re-read this series before I turn to the tv show, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. I read this 6 or 7 years ago, and even though I can still remember fragments of the plotline, I can't wait to give this a re-read next year.
Here are the books I have read:
-The Bad Beginning
-The Reptile Room
-The Wide Window
-The Miserable Mill
-The Austere Academy
-The Ersatz Elevator
-The Vile Village
-The Hostile Hospital
-The Carnivorous Carnival
-The Slippery Slope
-The Grim Grotto
-The Penultimate Peril
-The End



3. Derek Landy (12 books)
These aren't the only books that I have read by Derek Landy, but they are the reason why I have read so many of his books. These aren't all the ones that he has written, he has the spin-offs and his new release Resurrection, which I intend to read before Christmas, as well as the Demon Road trilogy, which I finished at the start of the year. If you have been following me for a while you will know that I am a HUGE Derek Landy fan and I love his books. If you're new, now you know! I have read: -Skulduggery Pleasant Books 1-9 (excluding spin-offs) & Demon Road trilogy (Demon Road, Desolation & American Monsters)


4. Darren Shan (10 books)
These are the books that I have read by Darren Shan. In short, the Demonata series. I can't divulge too much about the plot, but the first book Lord Loss, is about a boy who, after witnessing his parents and sister being brutally murdered by a demon, is thrust into the world of demons, magic and lycanthropy. Spreading over space and time, never have I read such a thorough and captivating story about this. Even though this series is considerably less well known than the Vampire Assistant series, I encourage anyone who enjoys stories of brutality and magic, and lots of gore to pick up this series. I have read 10 books by Darren Shan: Lord Loss, Demon Thief, Slawter, Bec, Blood Beast, Dark Apocalypse, Death's Shadow, Wolf Island, Dark Calling, and Hell's Heroes.



5. Sara Shephard (10 books)

I have the dvd covers here because I have read books from both the Lying Game and Pretty Little Liars and even though I didn't finish all of the books in the PLL book series, and it seems unlikely that I ever will (those books just keep on going) I did manage to finish the Lying Games series last year. (And if you want to pick up a Sara Shephard I would recommend the Lying Game over Pretty Little Liars any day).


So that is my top 5 list of Most Read Authors! It's different list to my most owned authors but hopefully you still enjoyed it!

So that is all I have for you today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! (Maybe let me know in the comments what you are reading over the weekend?)
So, have a wonderful day, and I will see you then.
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment