Wednesday 30 May 2018

May Wrap Up (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I was going to wait until the first to post the wrap up, (I wanted to give myself as much time as possible to finish a book because I fell behind) I have finished said book, so here it is, alive and on schedule.
Enjoy the wrap up!

BOOKS
Although I only read three books, I am super proud of myself, because they were absolutely HUGE! Each one was over 600 pages (in fact two out of the three were over 700.) And those books were:

2. The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2), by Brandon Sanderson
3. The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3), by Brandon Sanderson
So, this month, I read the entire Mistborn trilogy! It was a hell of a whirlwind of a ride, and I thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them. If you haven't read them yet, then I recommend picking them up.
You may not want to marathon them like I did (I finished Hero of Ages yesterday and I am currently in a reading slump because I'm still mentally stuck in the world), or you might, but this is one series that I think, everybody should pick up.

I will be posting my reviews of The Well of Ascension and the Hero of Ages some time next month, (hopefully before I read a ton more and they start to tower again), so keep your eye out for those!


FILMS AND TV SHOWS
FILMS
1. Truth or Dare- I went to see this film in the cinema, and as a Horror, truthfully it wasn't actually that scary. The odd jump scare, the odd creepy moment, but works with this film is the things that the characters have to do in order to stay alive, because it's really this simple: Tell the truth or you die. Do the dare or you die. And the stakes keep getting higher.
And that's what works with this film.

2. Girls' Trip- I went to see this in the cinema a few months back, it's out on DVD, so of course I watched it again. It's one of my favourite films and I laugh for hours whenever I watch it.

3. The Help- I finally saw this film! It was an amazing film, and I'm so glad I got to see it. It was brilliantly done, and it's a film/book that everyone should read/watch.
Also, side note- the woman playing Skeeter's mother- she played Prudy in the Hairspray film! Like, she's in a tv show I'm currently watching, she's in The Help... I swear this woman is following me!

TV SHOWS
1. Thirteen Reasons Why Season 2- I'm on like Episode 4 for this, and I haven't finished it yet- purely for the reason that I do not have the time at the moment. It's halfterm for me now, but I am working every single day, I am finishing my course, and trialling for a job (fingers crossed for that.)
I need to get to the end of the season though, because so many YouTube videos for the second season keep cropping up on my YouTube feed!

2. Dance Academy- Yes, I am watching this again. For like the 10th time. I just wish Netflix would put the film on (that takes place a year and a half after the third season ends.)

WRITING
Yeah, I've started the third draft. Not the furthest into it, but there have been others things that have taken priority, unfortunately.


OTHER LIFE THINGS
HAIRSPRAY- I played Prudy (Penny's legendary mum) in the show this month! It was so fun to be able to play a quirky, funny character that makes people laugh- particularly with the things she says! (And is totally different to myself!)
I got to wear cool glasses too!

So that is my monthly wrap up! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to let me know what you lot have been up to this month! Anything you're excited about, let me know!
So that's me for the day, I will see you all on Friday with my June TBR!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment