Friday 4 May 2018

Peter Rabbit Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And these film reviews- I think I'm going to post them in one huge- filmy clump! 
So braze yourself. 
Okay! The first one is Peter Rabbit, which I saw with family and friends because who doesn't love a childhood favourite adapted into a movie? 
*Raises hand* 
embarrassed shame GIF by Originals

Okay, here's the review! I hope you enjoy it! 



So this is the film poster:

And I have to say, I like the film poster. It captures the feel of the film, having now seen it. I like that you kind of get to see the characters, without giving too much away. And I like the positions, the way the characters are positioned throughout the poster. 

Okay, now my thoughts on the actual film. 


Honestly, I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. 
Like, going to see it, I thought I'd enjoy it, just not that much. In truth, I don't really go to see many PG films, at least I haven't recently. Which is why I was surprised by how quickly I got pulled into the story, the characters, in the space of about two minutes. 

(I'm not kidding, in the first part, when Peter was being chased, my heart was acting like I was the one running.)

I think a big reason of that is because the story literally starts with Peter sneaking into the garden, and suddenly he's being chased, which is where the story starts in the book. 

Also, even the parts of the film that aren't in the book, (the book is like the first 10 or so minutes of the film) was done really well. There was a clear confrontation between the rabbits and the McGregors, which was actually quite realistic (despite the animals weren't actually real, they did look quite real). There was a clear plot line, which I liked, and it was clear at all times. 

The humour is one thing that I have to make a point for. The humour was more mature than some other PG films than I've seen in the past, so I enjoyed it, but I doubt a four year- seven year old, which is the likely audience for this kind of film, would get all the humorous quirks within this film. 

Other than that, I have no critics about this film. It was fast paced, especially the scenes where the animals are creating mischief. There were scenes and moments that were really sweet, where you get to know the characters as more than just creating mischief, which is then coupled with something that will have you bawling with laughter! 

So overall, I had a huge amount of fun watching this film, and even though I don't think it's still out in cinemas (because this review is out so late), I recommend you go and see this film! 

So that is my review of Peter Rabbit! I hope you enjoyed it and comment down below what you thought! 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment