Wednesday 8 May 2019

Top 5 Netflix Films & Shows I've Seen

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I thought it would be fun to write about some of the things I've seen on Netflix!
Enjoy!

1. To All the Boys I've Seen Before
This was the first thing that sprung to mind when I thought of. This is so accurate to the books, everybody is so well cast, and I'm ecstatic that there is going to be a sequel! For all of you that don't know, To All the Boys is about a girl called Lara Jean who writes letters to her crushes. But then when they are all sent off, all hell sets loose. It's such a light-hearted, funny and just overall wonderful film.

2. Dumplin'
Another YA book to movie adaptation that was surprisingly good, especially as it was done by Netflix. What I love about this film is the message it's gives: that you don't have to be a certain person, have a certain look to do what you want to do. These characters have to be the uniquest characters I've met in a long time, and I wish there were more films out there with a message like this.

3. Brain on Fire
It's been a while since I've watched this film, but it still sticks in my mind as being a really interesting film that stands out. It's about an upcoming journalist that was diagnosed with a very rare condition called anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis.
I really should re-watch this.

4. Anne with an E
Now, I take this series with a pinch because I absolutely loved the first season. Not so much the second. So let's talk about the first season.
There was just something about the rawness of Anne's delivery. And how much she, and the other characters changed around her throughout the series. It was wonderful to watch, though the issues brought up in each episode never lessened, you just watched the characters grow and change. Highly recommend.

5. Backstage
Now this is kind of like Fame, but a tv show instead. Slightly younger, not as intense, but if you like Fame, you'll like this. I flew through both series' in half a week.


Okay! That was the Top 5 Netflix Films & Shows I've Seen! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to let me know in the comments what you've seen on Netflix and enjoyed!
Right! I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



2 comments: