Monday 13 May 2019

Coffee Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm doing the coffee book tag!
I thought I'd done it before, but after looking at the history, turns out I haven't yet!
So I'm doing it today!
Enjoy!


-THE COFFEE BOOK TAG-

-BLACK:NAME A SERIES THAT'S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS-
This is such a long series- 13 books are currently out and the 14th is awaiting release- so I don't know too many people that have stuck with this series all the way through to the end, but those that have are the loyalist fans I have ever met.


-PEPPERMINT MOCHA:NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR-
Other than Harry Potter I guess it would be The Wolf Wilder, by Katherine Rundell. It's set in Russia, it's a middle-grade, and I imagine people tend to pick it up when their in the mood to read something that has the same weather as them.


-HOT CHOCOLATE: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK-
The SOUE books (Series of Unfortunate Events). There isn't a darker children's series around.

-DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO: NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH-
I should really put the entire trilogy for this but it says book so I'm going to go with The Final Empire. My very first Brandon Sanderson book, and I read it in the space of a week. It was nearly a year ago that I picked it up but it's still stuck in my brain now.


-STARBUCKS: NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE-
This. It's on the internet, it's on YouTube. It's in the airport to Madrid, it's even in the Sainsbury's in my town. This book is everywhere.


-THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP: GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUTOUT-
I genuinely can't think of anything! But hey, if you have any recommendations, let me know in the comments!

-OOPS! I ACCIDENTLY GOT DECAF: NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE FROM-
A lot of people preferred this to Caraval, but this was a let down for me. The writing was very wordy and literary, and there was just something that didn't gel for me.


-THE PERFECT BLEND: NAME A BOOK OR A SERIES THAT WAS BOTH BITTER & SWEET, BUT ULTIMATELY SATISFYING-
The Infernal Devices! There are wonderful, heart-felt, funny moments, but the plot is so bitter to these wonderful characters that its a miracle any of them survive!

-GREEN TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT IS QUIETLY BEAUTIFUL-
Before I Die, by Jenny Downham. Yes, it is slightly depressing, but there's something about the writing, that makes it beautiful to read. Read it, if you haven't.

-CHAI TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT MAKES YOU DREAM OF FARAWAY PLACES-
The Warcross duology/trilogy by Marie Lu. I've only read the first one but it's beyond anything I've ever read in terms of world-building. I have Wildcard, all I need to do is pick it up and read it.

-EARL GREY: NAME YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC-
I have two: Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell; and Heidi, by Johanna Spyri. I can't choose between them, and I don't want to. They're both classics.


Okay! So that was the Coffee Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to do it if you want to!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment