Monday 3 June 2019

May Wrap Up/ June TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And after a little bit of a break, I'm back, with all the things I did in May and all the books I want to read in June!
I'm off on holiday, to a cottage in Durham this month, so hopefully I'll have lots of time to read during that week!
Enjoy!


MAY WRAP UP
-BOOKS-
I read a total of four books in May, two of which were re-reads.

1. The 7 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton
This took me a while to get through, but it is by far one of the most intriguing reads that I've read recently.


2. They Both Die at the End, by Adam Silvera
I read this in two days. It was such an amazing, yet sad book. If you're in the mood for an LGBT book that's wonderful, yet sad, I highly recommend this novel.


3. Noughts and Crosses (Noughts and Crosses #1), by Malorie Blackman
4. Knife-edge (Noughts and Crosses #2), by Malorie Blackman
I'm re-reading this series to prepare for the fifth book, Crossfire, to be released on 4th July. Its my absolute favourite series, and I've loved reading this series so far.

-FILMS-
These are the films I watched in May:
1. Friends with Benefits
2. The Other Woman
3. Fast Girls
4. Snow White & the Huntsman & The Huntsman: Winters War
5. IT (1971)
6. What to Expect When You're Expecting
7. Lady Bird
8. The Girl on the Train

-TV SHOWS-
1. Miranda
2. Chicago Med
3. Dragonball Z


JUNE TBR
1. Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3), by Cassandra Clare
My GOD I need to finish this this month. This is my one goal. If I finish just this one book then I will consider this month a success!


2. The Surface Breaks, by Louise O' Neill
I don't know much about this book, but from what I've heard other people say, it's an amazing book. Aside from that, it's on the Shortlist for a book award! I've been craving a Little Mermaid retelling and I'm really looking forward to reading this!

3. Girls of Paper and Fire, by Natasha Negan
This book has been on my radar for quite a while. I don't know much about it yet again, but it's a book that's been getting a fair amount of hype in the book community and I'm excited to pick it up!

4. Double Cross (Noughts and Crosses #4), by Malorie Blackman
I'm currently 84 pages into this, hopefully I should have finished it by Friday. It's the fourth book in the series, and currently the last one in the series. Until 4th July, that is.

5. A Poison Dark & Drowning, by Jessica Cluess
Another TBR Jar challenge! Also the second book in the Kingdom on Fire trilogy and a trilogy where I thoroughly enjoyed the first book.


Okay! That's my May Wrap Up and June TBR (2019)! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know in the comments what you plan to read this month!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all... soon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment