Tuesday 29 October 2019

October Wrap Up (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm posting this wrap up a little early so that I can post my TBR on Thursday, because I probably won't have the time to post on Friday.
That's all I have to say for the intro, so all I can say now is:
Enjoy!


-BOOKS-
I read a total of five books this month, and considering how little I read last month, I'm really happy that I achieved five books, even if they weren't the longest.
These are the books I read:

1. Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery
As much as I enjoyed this book, I wish it had been shorter than it was. It took me longer to finish it than I would have liked. The ending was what redeemed the book for me. Once I got over the novelty of the newness of Green Gables, there wasn't a whole lot that I enjoyed about the book. So when some events finally began to unfold which I found interesting, I was so relieved. Look, I get the hype for this novel. When Anne of Green Gables was released, it was probably way ahead of it's time. But there was just something about the book that didn't gel well with me.

I'd seen this book in a couple of shops before and I've always been intrigued, but I've bought it. And when I first started it, I found it hard to get into, for the first 50 pages or so. But after that, I got sucked into this story about a girl that didn't recognise the face that stared back at her in the mirror, and had to learn to become the person she was now, regardless of what she had gone through. Hard to read, because of the difficult subjects discussed within the pages of this novel, but such an addictive read. I recommend this if your in the mood for a sad one.

3. The Girl in Red, by Christina Henry
The girl in red. To be honest, I was expecting the classic story, told in a more modern way. That's not what I got, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The Girl in Red is set where most of the world has died, been infected by this mystery disease. Red is riding alone, trying to get to her grandmother's house. She has a prosthetic leg, which means she doesn't run headlong into battle (though that doesn't stop her fighting back when she needs to), so it adds to an already interesting story. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and definitely want to read more of Christina Henry's books in the future.

4. Eliza and her Monsters, by Francesca Zappia
OMG this book. Eliza and her Monsters, I'm glad to say, is so worth the hype. This will definitely make my favourite list for the end of the year because it just blew me away. My eyes were glued to the pages the minute I opened the book all the way through to the last page. I started crying at work because of this book and that never happens. If you haven't picked this book up yet then I urge you to.
5. A Sorrow Fierce and Falling (Kingdom on Fire #3), by Jessica Cluess
The third and final book in the Kingdom on Fire trilogy. The second book, A Poison Dark and Drowning was one of the challenges for my TBR Jar Challenges, and I figured that I may as well finish the trilogy and add it to my completed list. For months now, I've been trying to get myself to pick it up, but have never seemed to manage it. But eventually I did, and I ran through it so quickly I wasn't sure I'd even started it, or whether it was just a dream. I've grown to love these characters so much over the last three books, and this book tore me to shreds with the way everything ended. I actually can't believe the series is over. Recommend this if you like books that feel Jane Austen-ey, with a mix of magic, and violence.

-TV SHOWS-
1. Chicago Med~ Seasons 4 & 5 (Caught up)
2. Waterloo Road~ Season 10 (Finished)
3. Pramface~ Seasons 2 & 3


-FILMS-
1. I, Tonya
2. Orphan
3. Daddy Day Care
4. High School Musical 3: Senior Year
5. Saw
6. Saw II
7. Mulan

I haven't done much this month, other than work so I'm going to leave it there.

I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Thursday, with my TBR!
Feel free to comment what you got up to down below!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete