Wednesday 2 October 2019

September Wrap Up/ October TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And in terms of reading, it's been a really poopy month. I didn't read much, honestly. But I did do a lot of things, so I'll talk about those instead.
Enjoy!

SEPTEMBER WRAP UP
-BOOKS-
I read a total of two books this month. Told you I didn't read much. They were both pretty amazing though.


1. Becoming, by Michelle Obama
Honestly, I don't know what it was that drew me to this book. Even now, having read it, I'm trying to come up with a reason why I started listening to this book. I'm just really glad I did because it was what I was expecting and more. Because it was Michelle herself that was talking, the one doing the storytelling, it made all the difference. You could hear the emotion in her voice as she talking about her upbringing, her time in Uni and all the other parts that complete her autobiography. Highly recommend this.

2. Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns #4), by Kendare Blake
This was the fourth and final book in the Three Dark Crowns, and it's also the final TBR jar challenge that I have to complete for the year. Even though I didn't expect the ending, like I thought it was going to go in a different direction, but I am going to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. A very respectable finale, with lots of action and twists and turns.


-TV SHOWS-
(Didn't watch any films)
1. Chicago Med
I'm now officially caught up on Chicago Med, at the end of season 4. Season 5 has just been released, and even though I haven't got it on my hard-drive yet, I'm really eager to start watching, especially after the end of Season 4.

2. Glee
I'm only a few episodes into this, and because of how big a phenomenon it becomes as the series' go on, I'm eager to keep watching to see what happens next.

3. Waterloo Road
Jordan and I are still working through it, and what saddens me is that we've only got 30 episodes left. Out of 200. We've been watching since mid June and we're halfway through Series 9. I'm holding on to the fact that there's still 1 series after this.

4. Anne With An E
I'm currently trying to work my way through the books and I thought I'd try to rewatch the tv show. I've got further than I did the first time around, stopping halfway through episode 1 of Season 2, but I've got through that episode at least, and I hope to carry on because there is also going to be a Season 3 too.


OCTOBER TBR
1. Anne of Green Gables, by L.M Montgomery
I've got 100 pages of this book left and I swear to god, I've been reading this book for so long, it feels like I can't remember a time when I wasn't reading it. I'm going to try and finish it this week, and hopefully I do, because it's my top priority right now. As for how I'm liking it so far, there's just something about the writing style, the page long monologues, that I'm just finding it hard to stick with. But, I'm determined to finish this.

2. Faceless, by Alyssa Sheinmel
I didn't actually plan to buy this; I just saw it in a charity shop yesterday and I couldn't resist. I've seen this book in charity shops before, but I've never been able to make a decision as for whether to get it or not. But, I'm biting it, and as soon as I got home, I read 50 pages, right off the bat. Faceless is about a 16 year old girl whose face gets burnt off when she's out running. The story is about her recovery, and about her piecing back her life after she is given a transplant. I'm only 70 pages in and it's already one of the most unique books I've read this year.

3. The Girl in Red, by Christina Henry
Since this month is October, I thought this would be perfect for a Halloween theme. I recently got this for the "Making a mark with a book" idea that I've started up recently, and the cover jumped out at me right away. Aside from that, I haven't read a retelling in a while, and I've never read a Little Red Riding Hood one before so this should be interesting.

4. Eliza and Her Monsters, by Francesca Zappia
I've been wanting to read this for a while, after hearing all the fantastic book reviews everybody has been sharing. Francesca Zappia has also got another book out soon (though not until November) so it makes me all the more eager to find out what everyone has been talking about with this novel.

Okay! So that is my September Wrap Up/ October TBR (2019)! If I was going to pick up another novel this month (if I manage to finish all of these) I would probably pick up A Sorrow Fierce and Falling so I can finish the Kingdom on Fire trilogy, but that's unlikely.
Okay! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete