Monday 3 February 2020

February TBR (2020)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm so excited to post my TBR for the month, that I'm prepping for it early!
I don't know why, because I'm usually really lazy when I'm starting new posts for the upcoming week. But something's come over me tonight, so I'm starting the writing for this post on Saturday!
Enjoy!

Also, I am aware that it is February and that it is the month of love, so I will try and include some couple-ish and cute books, but it won't be my entire TBR. In fact there's only ONE in this list, because it's all I have.


1. The Light Between Oceans, by M.L. Stedman
I only got this book on Saturday, in exchange for some that I either didn't need or didn't want, but I want to put this book to the top of my TBR, because I have this gut feeling that if I don't pick it up soon, it'll be tossed to the bottom of my TBR without a second thought. It's because it's the type of book that I don't usually read. The Light Between Oceans is a book that's intrigued me for a number of years and, without knowing too much about it, I know that people have been giving it amazing reviews since it's release in 2012. It's about a couple that find a crying baby and a dead man in a boat coming to shore, (set in 1926.) They are the only residents on the island, and what they do next... you'll have to read it because the blurb doesn't say any more than that. I may not like it, I may love it. I'll have to see.



2. What If It's Us, by Becki Albertalli & Adam Silvera
I tried to pick this novel up back in December, but for some reason, it didn't really sit well with me at the time. If I have to admit it, I wasn't really in the mood to pick it up at the time, I just figured it had been on my TBR pile, gathering dust for too long for me not to try and read it. After reading the first chapter, I put it down and reached for something that I was more enthusiastic about reading. But maybe February will be the right time for an LGBT romance? I'm still intrigued to see how Albertalli & Silvera gel with each-other in a novel, since they publish very different types of books, so we'll see how I feel about it.

3. The Starless Sea, by Erin Morgenstern
Even though I was meant be to reading this last month, after trekking through The Priory of the Orange Tree, I just was in the mood to pick up more fantasy, especially as I heard this was a slow burn kind of read. So I'm bringing it back into the TBR list for the month of February instead. I also decided that I was going to try and read one big book a month, and this is currently my biggest book that I own that I haven't read yet. I don't know what it is, but the protagonist of this novel reminds me very much like Lazlo Strange, from Strange the Dreamer. Does anybody else think this? Also, his story starts in a library? Whether that's true or not, I'm looking forward to reading Erin Morgenstern's next novel, because I've heard fantastic things about it. (And it's also a standalone.)

4. One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying #2), by Karen M. McManus
Now, this book has been the one that my boyfriend has been trying to get me to read since I got it and told him about it. And it isn't that I'm not excited to read it, I know I'm going to have such a good time reading about the characters in the first book, as well as all the new ones that are going to be introduced in the second. It's just that there have been bigger, more intimidating books that have been on higher priority than this one. Also, I know I'm going to get sucked into One of Us Is Next because that's what has happened with Karen M. McManus' past two books, so I've been saving it for when I've read the larger books like Priory and The Starless Sea. I've honestly been fighting not to reach for this book when I know I'm going to love it, especially when all my internet friends have been saying how dark and intense this story gets.


5. This Vicious Cure (This Mortal Coil #3), by Emily Suvada
This is the third and final book in the This Mortal Coil trilogy, and I'm quite excited to see how it'll all wrap up, particularly because I've had to wait longer for this final release (there's usually one out every September but the release date for the final one was pushed back to January.) This is a trilogy about DNA, and morphing into different people (no more spoilers than that) and I can honestly say that there is nothing out in Booktube that is like it. This will be the first concluding book that I will read this year because I have yet to finish any series yet in 2020, and I'm glad that I'll finally get to tick it off my list of series' finishing this year. It will also be the second TBR Jar Challenge that I complete too! So definitely on track with those! (I might even try and finish one a month if I can do it!)

So that is my February TBR (2020)! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to comment what it is you want to read, down below! I have to admit, I've definitely got a range of different genres in the books that I've chosen this month, and It'll be interesting to see which ones I like the most. I have my suspicions, but I might be surprised.

Right! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you all soon.
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment