Monday 1 June 2020

June TBR (2020)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's the start of June, which means a new TBR! (God I love these posts.)
And I have to admit, I'm so looking forward to reading all of these books (like especially excited for this list in particular.)
So enjoy, because this is going to be a long list (yay!) and there is a very real possibility that I won't finish all of these books this month (because some of them are huge!)
Enjoy!

1. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, by Suzanne Collins
I've heard some very mixed reviews on this, because people are very much on one side of the spectrum when it comes to The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Do I wish it would have been Haymitch, Mags, Finnick or Johanna? Definitely. But am I still going to read it? Absolutely. If only to make up my own mind about whether I like this- or hate it. I'm just over 100 pages through, and it's alright so far. More details in my wrap up at the end of June. (Or maybe in a review, who knows?).

I have been following this series since 2008, and Seasons of War marks the final trilogy of the Skulduggery Pleasant series ever. Derek Landy is one of my favourite authors, and I actually got to meet him, just over a year ago! Seasons of War is a story solely focused on Valkyrie and Skulduggery, where they are sent on a secret mission that takes them away from everything they know. Here is where Valkyrie will have to fight the hardest, against the people who want her dead, and her own violent impulses. She must fight against the dark, to once again stand in the light. This kind of feels like Harry Potter mastering occlumancy in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but more interesting. I had no idea that I needed a book like this, that's purely focused on the dynamic duo, but now it's hear I can't wait to see what events uncurl in the 13th instalment of the Skulduggery Pleasant series.  

Beneath the Sugar Sky. I'm a little confused on what this is about. Based off of the Goodreads blurb, this is a book about fixing the past, in the present? Anyway, from what I gather, Rini, the protagonist, gets to visit the Home for Wayward Children and meet all the characters from the first book! (Which I am so excited for!) I'm very confused about how this whole thing is going to work out, because for Rini to be able to meet those original characters she has to travel into the past from the present, but I'm sure everything will be explained at some point. Halfway through the series, after this! (Also, just take a moment to admire this gorgeous cover.)

4. All Your Twisted Secrets, by Diana Urban
I have no idea why, because there are books that promise to be absolutely incredible on this TBR, but this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. All Your Twisted Secrets is Diana Urban's debut novel, and it's about 6 completely different characters who are invited to a scholarship dinner to discover its a trap. They're presented with a choice: one of them dies, or they all do. As they all desperately try and uncover the identity of their captor, they find they each have secrets they desperately need to conceal. But with the time running out, confusion turns to fear, and fear to panic, and there's one question left: who will be the one to die? I think that this sounds like a very interesting read, and I think fans of the One of Us Is Lying series will love this. Highly anticipated for this month.

5. The Henna Wars, by Adiba Jaigirdar
The Henna Wars, although it only came out in USA this month (and it's released from Amazon until 1st June) wasn't actually on my anticipated releases list that I posted a couple months ago (you can see that here), but it's sort of crept up on me since then, because of the buzz it's getting on Booktube. What draws me to the book is the representation that we're getting, and it's been ages since I've read an LGBT book, so I'm looking forward to reading one for the first time in a while. (Why aren't there more LGBT romances being released in the summer?)

6. Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2), by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
I finished Illuminae on Friday and I need to continue on to find out what happens next. I've never felt such a need to know everything like this before, except with Skulduggery Pleasant when I was a teenager. I won't disclose any spoilers on the first book because I don't want to get trolled, but there is so much going on constantly, that I know this'll be a series that I'll need to re-read once I've reached the end of Obsidio. I really hope that Gemina is as good as Illuminae, because of how much I loved the first one, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Okay! That's the end of ,my TBR for the month of June. I'm not certain I'll be able to get to all of them, but I'll certainly try my best (there are some very large books this month.)
I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll see you very soon.
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment