Friday 3 July 2020

July TBR (2020)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm posting my July TBR (2020)! There isn't a long list of books, but I'll be doing a separate TBR list for The Reading Rush towards the end of the month anyway. (But the books on this list are fairly large anyway, so they'll keep me occupied I'm sure.)
Enjoy!

1. Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3), by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
The final book in The Illuminae Files, and although I'm a little bit scared as for how it's going to turn out, I'm excited to find out what is going to happen. It's the shortest one in the series, (even though it still crosses the 600 page mark) but I'm sure I'll be able to fly through this, as I have with the first two books in the series. From what I understand, Obsidio focuses on Asha, Kady's cousin, who has survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined the ragtag underground resistance when she finds herself on one end of a conflict, with her old flame Rhys, on the opposite side. Aside from that, we're following the misfit crew that have formed over the last two books as their only option is to return Kerenza- but what state will it be in when they return? I've never read a finale by these authors, so I'm excited to see how it's handled. I really hope I don't have a book hangover after this.

2. How to Make Friends with the Dark, by Kathleen Glasgow
I've had this on my "save for a rainy day" list for a while before I finally bought it last week. I've heard amazing things, but the reason I didn't get around to it sooner is because it's got a very adult theme, as well as some trigger warnings and I want to be in the right mind-set for it. I've heard the writing is beautiful, the story gripping and devastating. And truthfully, I have no idea why I've chosen this month to pick up this book, other than I have, and that I'm sticking with it. Also, take note of the cover, because it's gorgeous.

3. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe #1), by Neil Shusterman
4. Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2), by Neil Shusterman
5. The Toll (Arc of a Scythe #3), by Neil Shusterman
The Arc of a Scythe trilogy will be the next series I pick up after I finish The Illuminae Files. But instead of staggering them to a book a month, I'm just going to read them all in one go, like I used to. Scythe, follows the story of Citra and Rowen, who are chosen to apprentice to a Scythe, in a world where all disease, even death, was an obstacle that has been overcome. Becoming a scythe is a role that neither want, knowing that they must master the "art" of taking life, and that the consequence of failure could mean losing their own. I have no idea what that last sentence means but I'm excited to find out! I have heard nothing but fantastic reviews for this trilogy and it's time I get on the train.


Okay! That's my July TBR (2020)! As I stated at the top, it's not as long as usual, but that's because these books will be for the first couple of weeks (they'll be a separate TBR for The Reading Rush).
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon.
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm currently reading Thunderhead! Scythe made me cry at work... I am not ashamed. I hope you enjoy the trilogy just as much! good luck in your reading goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, if all goes to plan, I should be starting the trilogy in a couple of days! Glad to hear you're enjoying the trilogy.

      Delete