Tuesday 28 July 2020

Racing to Read Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I have recently participated in The Reading Rush, I thought I'd do the Racing to Read Book Tag! (Just for the fun of it.) 
Enjoy!


Warm Up~ A book that stretches your mind.
Listening to Michelle Obama talk about her life, her childhood, was a time I never knew. It opened my eyes to what it was like 30+ years ago, and I was allowed to get an insight into the world of politics, when Barack and Michelle resided in the White-house. Becoming was the definition of a book that stretched my mind. 

Start line ~ What's a book that you started but never finished?
I don't start many books that I don't finish eventually (like even with Queen of Air and Darkness, which I was reading for three months, I eventually finished.) So I'm going to change it up, and choose a series I didn't finish. 
The Snow Like Ashes trilogy. I remember little to nothing about this series and the reason why I feel no urge to pick this series back up: I bought the first book purely for the cover, and it took me so long to finish it, I lost all interest in the characters, the story, even the world, which was by far the most interesting part of the book. 


Sprint ~ A book you read really quickly?
There are a number of books I've read really quickly- like in one day. But the first one that springs to mind is a book that I read a long time ago:
Boys Don't Cry, by Malorie Blackman

Boys Don't Cry is like every other YA Malorie Blackman book I've read- amazingly written, and I've had to pull my eyes away from the page to get some sleep. But I don't know whether this was a bit easier to get into or what, but I read it in about 3 hours the first time I picked this up. 

Marathon ~ What's your favourite long book?
What counts as a long book? I'm going to say 500 pages. 
I'll say The Final Empire, the first book in the Mistborn trilogy. (It's one of my favourites at least.) I read the Mistborn trilogy just over two years ago, and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Starsight (paperback edition) so I can devour another Brandon Sanderson book. (It's out 2nd October.) 

Hurdles ~ What's a book that had ups and downs?
Even though I know that this book has a lot of fans, there was a book in a series (that I loved the rest of) that I had some ups and downs in. After an amazing first book, I had high expectations, for this, which never ends well. I did decide to continue on with the rest of the series, but there was just something that didn't sit well with me. That book was One Dark Throne, by Kendare Blake. 

Finish line ~ A book you were proud to finish?
THIS. IT is the largest book I have currently finished, and I was so happy that I managed to complete it. It's a whopping 1166 pages, and it solidified the want to read more Stephen King novels. Since then I've read a couple more Stephen King books, but there are still more that I want to pick up (I'm planning on adding at least two during October this year- so that urge is still going strong.) 

Gold medal ~ Best book you've read during a readathon?
I read this in one sitting- during last year's Reading Rush. Heartstopper is one of my favourite series so far, and I'm so bummed I have to wait until 2021 for the next volume, but I can always re-read this series! I highly recommend this series if you haven't picked it up, it's so cute, I nearly start crying sweets every time I pick up the newest volume. 

Participation ribbon ~ An underrated book you wish got more attention?
Honestly, I have no idea about what to put for this. 
So, I'm looking for recommendations!
What book do you think is underrated! 
Because I'm seeking out the underrated books!

Okay! That's the Racing to Read Book Tag! As always, anyone that wants to do this tag- can! You're all tagged! 

Okay! I hope you have a wonderful night, and I'll see you all soon- with my July Wrap Up (2020)! 
Byeee! 

-Abi xxxx







2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was looking for book tags to take part in and this one looks great. I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have fun doing it, I certainly did!

      Delete