Tuesday 14 July 2020

The Reading Rush TBR (2020)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm writing about my Reading Rush TBR!

The Reading Rush is one of the few readathons that I participate in every year- in fact it's probably the only one I do every year!
There are challenges, and I'm so excited for this readathon that I'm writing this introduction a week and a half early!

If you don't know about The Reading Rush, it's a week long readathon with video challenges, for Booktubers, and there are reading challenges too! (There might also be Instagram challenges too, but I'm not sure.)
Here's my TBR.
Enjoy!

Challenge 1: Read a book with a cover that matches the colour of your birthstone.
If this book doesn't match my birthstone, I don't know what will. My birthstone is Sapphire, because I'm a September baby. Dark Blue Rising is the new Teri Terry book, and for anyone who didn't know, I have loved Teri Terry's books since she released Slated back in 2012, and I've only fallen more in love with her books with each new release. Dark Blue Rising came out on 9/7/20 and the second I heard about the challenge, I knew this had to be the book. I don't know too much about this, but then I don't have to, because I know I'm going to love it. I just know that it's about a girl called Tabby, who finds out that the lady she's been calling her mother is in fact, anything but. As she adjusts to her new life, she's immediately drawn to the ocean, and she enrols in a swimming summer school. There's also this symbol that seems to be everywhere, and there's apparently a lot more going on under the surface (haha), and I'm just really looking forward to seeing where the first book in this trilogy leads.

Challenge 2: Read a book that starts with the word "The".
I've just finished reading Scythe and even though I'm not fully invested yet, I'm aiming to have the last 100 pages of The Toll left for the 20th. I have no idea what this is about because I'm only on book 1, but I'm interested to see how this trilogy plays out honestly, because it is most certainly one of the uniquest stories I've picked up, probably ever. What I will ask is, if you've read this trilogy, which one was your favourite? Let me know in the comments.

Challenge 3: Read a book that inspired a movie you've already seen.
Challenge 6: Read a book in a genre you've always wanted to read more of.
I was debating whether to pick this one up or, whether to go with Carrie, by Stephen King, because I've watched and loved both adaptations for Carrie. But, I decided to go with this because even though I'm not exactly well read in the Horror or the Classics genre, Jane Austen is an author I have yet to pick up, at all, when Horror is a genre that I'm slowly making my way through (whereas Classics is a genre I'm not at all well read in, and I figured now would be a good time to start.) I watched Sense and Sensibilities little over a month ago, and I'm looking forward to picking this one up. (And it's 294 pages so I definitely think it's something I can fly through.)

Challenge 4: Read the first book you touch.
With this one, I could literally do what I like, especially as I owned no unread books at the time when the challenges were announced. So, I decided to buy three books, close my eyes, and just pick one. Of course I picked the largest one, (the other options were White Fragility: Why It's So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism, by Robin Diangelo & The Last Children of Tokyo, by Yoko Tawada) but I think I can manage it. 19 Love Songs is a mixture of short stories, and even though I've never read a David Levithan book, I'm excited to start this one. (Because they're short stories, I can fly through this quickly and efficiently.) For all I know, I could just read a number of short stories over the course of the week! (And I'll be picking the other two up after The Reading Rush is finished, rest assured.

Challenge 5: Read a book completely outside of your house.
Challenge 7: Read a book that takes place on a different continent than where you live.
After listening to the audiobooks for the past few months, I just had to find a way to fit this into my Reading Rush TBR. I'm not too sure where this series takes place, but it sure isn't the UK, so I'm counting it. And also, because these audiobooks are so short, Come Tumbling Down is just perfect for a readathon, because I'll be able to fly through it in a matter of hours. As much as I wish it wasn't the last book in the series that's currently out, I'm excited to see what's going to happen next. I really hope it's good, cos it's the last impression I'm going to get on this series until January.

Okay! This is what I'm planning on reading next week (though I doubt I'll get them all read, honestly).
But, I just want to mention that you can make yourself a profile on the Reading Rush website: You can track how much you've read over the course of the week, there are forums you can comment on, it looks like a really interesting way to get involved!

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you soon (if I don't finish another post for Friday it'll be next week.)
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




2 comments:

  1. I just posted my TBR too! I JUST finished Thunderhead like 10 minutes ago, and my heart and mind are reeling. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!! Good luck on you Reading Rush goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have about 100 pages of Thunderhead left! I'm really enjoying it, and I'm glad you did too! Good luck on yours too!

      Delete