Tuesday 22 September 2020

Anticipated Releases (October-December 2020)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And today I am posting something that I usually enjoy (but just this once, the amount of release date sources is seriously annoying me) but today I will be talking about my Anticipated Releases! 

(Which you probably already knew because you saw the title.) 

But nevertheless, enjoy! 


October Releases

1. Blazewrath Games, by Amparo Ortiz 

Release date: 6/10/20 


I had no idea this book even existed until the cover caught my eye when I was scrolling through the "YA book releases" on Goodreads last week. I just love the colours, the design, and it totally set it apart from everything else. After reading the premise once, I was totally and completely sold. Blazewrath Games follows Lana, whose sole aspiration is to represent Puerto Rico in the Blathwrath World Cup, a sixteen country tournament where dragons and their riders fight for glory in a dangerous relay. And when Puerto Rico's rider is disqualified- she's given the chance to try. But when she discovers that a former rider has teamed up with the Sire- a legendary dragon whose cursed into human form- Lana will have to navigate an international conspiracy that's deadlier than her beloved sport, or the world will be in ruins, and the Blazewrath Games will be cancelled. Dragons, racing, and a premise that sounds fast paced and action packed- sign me up!  


November Releases

1. Instant Karma, by Marissa Meyer 

Release date: 3/11/20 

Most of you know probably know Marissa Meyer as the author who wrote The Lunar Chronicles series a few years back. That's what I know her for- her ability to write epic fantasies that have me on the edge of my seat. So now she's writing a contemporary, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Instant Karma follows Prudence Daniels- a chronic overachiever who is always quite to cast judgement on the lazy slackers she sees everyday. So when she wakes up one morning to find she can give each person their karma instantly, she feels like her dreams have come true. She can give instant karma to everyone- everyone except Quint Erickson- her slacker of a lab partner and mortal enemy. Soon, Pru begins to uncover truths about Quint, her peers, and even herself, at how close the line is between virtue and vanity, generosity and greed... love and hate. This sounds like an enemies to lovers novel, and I am here for it. I'm also intrigued as for what Marissa Meyer can do in this genre! 


2. Ready Player Two (Ready Player One #2), by Ernest Cline 

Release date: 24/11/20 


I know literally nothing about this, I only heard about it on Sunday. The blurb on Goodreads gives away nothing about the plot. I just know that I am here for it, and I can't wait to see what direction Ernest Cline takes this sequel in. I also hope I'm not disappointed. 


December Releases

1. Divided Fire, by Jennifer San Filippo 

Release date: 1/12/20 

First off, check out the cover! I've never seen such a beautiful cover! Again, with this kind of cover, one read of the premise and I knew I needed this. Divided Fire is about sisters Miren- who has never allowed jealously of her sister's magic keep her from taking care of Kesia- who has always relied on Miren. When Kesia is kidnapped, Miren will stop at nothing to get her back, even teaming up with her sister's boyfriend. Neither sister has left their small fishing town before, and now they are plunged into the deep, dark depths of the world around them, minor players in a war between nations. Each sister finds challenges and strengths in their urgency to find eachother again. But what will become of each sister if they fail to do so. For those of you that have been following me for a while, know that I love reading about siblings- when they get along, and this seems like the book for me. 


2. The Cousins, by Karen M. McManus 

Release date: 1/12/20 

By this point, I consider Karen M. McManus to be one of my auto-buy authors. Her books always have an interesting premise, and this one is no exception. Milly, Aubrey and Jonah Story are all cousins, but they barely know each-other, and they've never met their grandmother. So when an invitation for each of them arrives for them to work at her island resort for the summer, their parents make one thing clear: they cannot say no, for this could be the perfect chance for them to get back in her good graces. But when they arrive, they find their family past to be even darker than they imagine... The entire Story family has secrets- and this year- the Story cousins will learn everything. 

I always love Karen M. McManus' books, and this one seems like the best one yet! Genuinely can't wait for this release! 


Okay! Those are all of my anticipated releases! I hope I haven't missed any, but feel free to let me know in the comments what your anticipated releases are, maybe I'll add those to my list! 

I hope you have a wonderful evening, and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment