Wednesday 3 March 2021

March TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm posting this today because I won't be able to include one of my books in this post if I don't! 

The pacing of this month will be very different to last month, because the books I'll be reading won't be half as long. 

Here's what I plan to read this month. 

Enjoy! 


1. The FlatShare, by Beth O' Leary 

I had to get this posted today because I'm likely to finish this today- I have approx. 100 pages left and it's only my third day reading this! I was meant to get to this last month, but I didn't have the time, due to needing to prioritise the Throne of Glass series. I've thoroughly enjoyed this so far, and although I don't want it to end, I'm more desperate to find out how it all wraps up! This is my first book by Beth O' Leary and although I had no idea whether I was going to like this or not, but I had an idea that I would, and I was absoluetly right. 

2. The Switch, by Beth O' Leary 

Yeah, I'm attempting to read both of my Beth O' Leary books in one week. I was drawn to the swift because it appears different to other fiction books I've read (though that number isn't high). I don't think I've ever read a book where an 80 year old and a young woman switch places. It's a simple premise, but it sounds very interesting. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens in this, and it's short enough that I should be able to fly through it in a few days. 

3. My Dark Vanessa, by Kate Elizabeth Russell 

I'm a little bit worried about going into this. It's been mentioned a fair bit in the Booktube community recently and although I was vaguelly interested in it, I didn't think too much about it. Then when I saw a copy for sale in town, and I couldn't resist. If you don't know about this, the blurb starts with the sentence "Vanessa Wye was fifteen years old when she first had sex with her English teacher." This book takes place when she is thirty-two, and that same English teacher is being accused by another former student, of sexual abuse. That's all it takes to sum up the premise of this book. I've heard this is a tough book, so we'll see what I think. 

4. The Falling in Love Montage, by Ciara Smyth 

Another book I wanted to read last month, but didn't have the time to get to. So, it's been moved over to this month. To put it shortly, all I know about this book is that The Falling in Love Montage is an f/f summer romance that takes place in the summer before both girls start university. This feels like the book version of that film Emma Roberts was in, Holidate, but set in the summer, because these two girls have set a rule for themselves: the perfect summer romance, but they can't fall in love. Because at the end of the summer, they will go their seperate ways. This book has gotten amazing reviews, and I'm looking forward to a fun change of pacing after My Dark Vanessa, so I'm excited to get to this. 

5. Girl A, by Abigail Dean 

I heard about this for the first time a couple of months ago, and because it was a book of the month (subscription box online) I decided to order it. It now seems to follow me everywhere I go. I see it on YouTube, in book hauls. I see it daily in Instagram posts. I get it. There are enough signs that I need to read this. As much as I prefer the American cover, the UK version is certainly striking. Lex Gracie is Girl A, the girl who escaped the House of Horrors, freeing her older brother and four younger siblings when she was just fifteen. When her mother dies in prison, leaving her and her siblings the house, Lex can no longer run from the memories that have been haunting her since she escaped. I've heard this story is intense and dark, very much like the other thriller I've listed above, so it'll be interesting to see which one I prefer more. 

6. We Are Okay, by Nina LaCour

I put this on my Graphic Novel TBR list back in September. I've since found out, it's not a graphic novel. But that doesn't mean I no longer want to read it. Even if it doesn't belong on that list. It's a very simple premise, and follows Marin, a girl who left behind everything, except her phone, her wallet, and a picture of her mother. But even though she left most of her things behind her while she travelled as far as she could, New York, to go to college, she can't escape the tragedy she tries so hard to outrun. Now, her friend is coming, and Marin is forced to face everything that's been left unsaid and finally confront the loneliness she's been living with for so long. This seems like a very emotional and sad book, one you have to be in the right mood for, but it's been ordered, and I'll be reading it soon. 

7. Romanov, by Nadine Brandes 

This one was admittedly, quite random. I'd been debating when to order this, mulling it over for some time, before I finally pre-ordered it a few days ago. One of my favourite animated movies as a kid was Anastasia, and it literally only took a re-watch for me to do it. The only thing I know about this is that Romanov is that it's an Anastasia retelling, and that's all I need to know about it. I've never read an Anastasia retelling before, so it's certainly a standout for me. Plus the cover is gorgeous. Excited to see what all the hype surrounding it is about. 

Okay! That's my TBR for the month! I'm hoping to start more, but at the moment I have no idea what those books will be, so that will be all for today!
As always, feel free to comment down below! 
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment