Wednesday 17 March 2021

Spring Cleaning Book Tag

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And today I'm back with the Spring Cleaning book tag! 

I did one version of this a few days back but the questions were way too hard, and I wasn't enjoying it! If there's one thing about doing a tag, it's that you should enjoy it! 

So, I'm trying this version instead, because the questions look easier. 

Enjoy! 


~Getting started: A book series you've been meaning to read~

I have a post of all the series I want to read this year, which you can check out here. My next series is on that list, unsurprisingly, though I was tempted to read something else. The Percy Jackson series has been around for years and it's horrendous that I have yet to finish it. As far as I remember, I read books 1-3, but I can remember little to nothing. I'm looking forward to jumping back into Rick Riordan's novels again. 

~Cleaning/ organising the wardrobe: The best way to organise books~

There isn't really a best way to organise your bookshelves, everyone has a way they like to display their books. I like to display them by genre/ author, although there are a few exceptions. If I think a certain series would fit better somewhere else, I'll put it on a different shelf. Or if certain books look beautiful together, I'll put them next to eachother. 

I've tried to do a rainbow, but it never seems to work!

~Getting rid of unnecessary things: Book/series you no longer need~

I've actually got a pile of books I need to put online, they're literally across the room from me right now. There is one series however, that I will be looking forward to no longer owning, and that's the Arc of A Scythe trilogy. With the exception of Thunderhead, I really didn't like the series at all. I don't regret reading it, because I'd have always wondered whether I'd like it or not. But I know now that the series just wasn't for me. 

~Get some air: Your favourite light-hearted read~

I read this last year and even now, when I think of these characters, their whirlwind romance, the DEH references and how well-crafted this story feels, I can't help but smile. What's even better is that there's going to be a sequel sometime in the future, so there's more to come! I can't wait to jump back into this story, and meet some amazing characters once more. 

~Clean out the kitchen cupboards: Favourite food themed read~



Although baking isn't the very centre of these books, I love reading about books that include baking! I was surprised to find that 2/3 books that include baking are actually fairytale retellings, but that doesn't mean I won't include them in this list! It's been a while since I've read any of these, so let me know if you have any recommendations for books with baking! 

~Dust the shelves: What's the fifth book on your bookshelves~

The one in front of me at least. 

~Wishing for the end: A 2021 release you're really excited about~


The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks
was the first book I thought of. The release date is 16th November, so it's certainly a long wait. Kind of fitting, because this starts about a decade after books 1 & 2 in the Montague Sbilings' trilogy (The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy). The third and final book to this phenomenal trilogy follows Adrian, the sole heir to the Montague estate. He was diagnosed with hysteria at a young age and although it was always a secret, a breakdown at an engagement party reveals his deepest fears: that he might not be fit to run the estate. He's given a second chance: to find the lost artifacts of his deceased mother, who the Montague family still mourn over. Whilst on his travels he discovers that he was not the only Montague child: he has two siblings who disappeared a decade ago. What else is hidden in the Montague estate? 

~Long but satisfying: The longest book series you've ever read~ 

In terms of numbers, it'll be the Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket, which has a total of 13 books. 

If we're talking pages, it'll be the series I finished less than a month ago, which is the Throne of Glass series, by Sarah J Maas. Total number of pages was over 4000 if I remember correctly. 


Okay! That is The Spring Cleaning Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to comment your thoughts below! 

I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment