Sunday 6 June 2021

June TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my TBR for the month of June. 

(My months always seem to start out strong, but I'm nothing if not consistent with the TBR's.) 

Here are my reading plans for the month. 


1. The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4), by Rick Riordan 

2. The Blood of Olmypus (Heroes of Olmypus #5), by Rick Riordan 

I took a short break of marathoning this series because of how long it was taking me to finish them. But now I've re-grouped, so now it's time to return for books 4 & 5. I started The House of Hades just this morning, and I'm pleased to say that I'm intrigued to say the least. In fact, although it's too early to say, this might actually be my favourite book in this series so far. I'm excited to see where this story goes, and what will happen to these rather lucky heroes. 

3. The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club #1), by Richard Osman 

This book cropped up on my radar when I kept seeing it in every shop that sold books. To play the short premise, it tells the story of the thursday murder club (a small amount of elderly people in a home- all pushing eighty, by the way) trying to solve a real life murder. I read a few pages of this when I bought it, and I got sucked right in. I won't be surprised if this turns out to be a 5 star. (Also, this is only a duology, so it counts as another series.)

4. Lore, by Alexandra Bracken 

I will continue to put this on my monthly TBR until I read it. I know I'll just have finished yet another Greek mythology series, so it's probably not the right time to read this. But I'm going to stick it on here anyway. I do so because I feel like this book is a good deal darker than the Heroes of Olympus series, because it's a book about revenge. 
Every seven years, the Agon begins. As punishment for the past rebellion, nine Greek Gods are forced to walk the Earth as humans, whilst humans will try and hunt them, in the hope that they can inherit the power that the Gods once had. 
Long ago, Lore Perseus fled the brutal world she lived in, when her entire family were slaughtered. For years she's pushed away thoughts of revenge against the man- now a god, responsible for their deaths. 
Yet as the new hunt dawns over New York, two participants seek her help: Castor, her childhood friend she long believed dead, and Athena, among the last of the original gods. 
The goddess offers an alliance against their mutual enemy and, open taking down the murderer would mean leaving the Agon forever- but it comes at a price. 

5. Amari and the Night Brothers (Amari and the Night Brothers #1), by B.B. Alston 

I don't know much about this, but I heard about it on Booktube and it looked interesting. Fast forward a couple months later, when I saw a copy in my local Waterstones. Also it was signed, so of course I had to have it. 

What I do know is that Amari Peters' brother Quinton has gone missing, and she has been invited for a trial at the secretive Bureau of Supernatural Affairs, in a world where mermaids and magicians are real, and she has to compete against kids that have known this world exists for years. With an evil magician on the loose, Amari has never felt more alone. But this invitation could be Amari's only chance to find her brother. 

To save her brother, Amari will have to fight harder than ever before... 


6. Instructions for Dancing, by Nicola Yoon 

This was one of my anticipated releases for april-June, so when I saw it in Boston (Lincolnshire) Waterstones, I knew I had to get it. It's just 280 pages, so I reckon I could fly through it in a couple of days (with a bit of luck.) This is a quick summer read, (hopefully) and I can't wait to get my teeth into it. 
Instructions for Dancing follows Evie Thomas, who when she sees a couple kiss, gets a vision, right from their very first kiss, to their bitter breakup. 
But as she starts to wander, she finds herself at the dance studion. There she meets X, adventurous, passionate, daring X, who is everything that Evie is not. His philosophy is to say yes to everything: even entering into a dancing competition with someone she's only just met. Falling for X is not what Evie had in mind. If her visions have taught her anything, it's that nobody can survive love unscathed. But is falling for X worth the risk?

7. The Ghosts We Keep, by Mason Deaver 

When I posted my anticipated releases post back in March, I had a deal going with my boyfriend that he would pick out a book from each of the three months, and I had to read all three, before June is up. He chose this. 
Since then, I have recieved a notification regarding this book, that states that it'll arrive at my house between 23rd June- 12th July. Which sucks.
But if by some miracle it does arrive on time, I'm sticking this on the TBR anyway. 

The Ghosts We Keep follows Liam Cooper, whose older brother Ethan has just been killed in a hit-and-run, so Liam has to not only learn how to face the world without one of the people he loved the most, but also face the fading relationships with his two best friends. 
Feeling more alone and isolated than ever, Liam finds himself hanging out with Ethan's best friend Marcus, more than ever. It seems that he's the only person who is truly able to know what he's going through. 
This is a book about grief, but also love. 


Okay! That's my June TBR (2021)! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to comment down below what you plan to read this month. 
I hope you have a wonderful afternoon and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment