Wednesday 30 June 2021

June Wrap Up (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And today I'm back with my June Wrap Up (2021)!

I can't believe that we're halfway through the year already! 

But with the end of the month comes another wrap up! 

Enjoy! 


1. Nimona, by Noelle Stevenson 

Nimona was just what I needed to sweep the cobwebbs away and get myself back into the right mindset to take on the remaining books in the Heroes of Olympus series. I'd been meaning to get to this for a while, since I'd included it in my Graphic novels tbr last September. Nimona is a story about bad guys, doing bad things. Of course there's more to it than that, but as it's a graphic novel, and thus rather short, I'd rather not spoil it. But I will say it was such fun to read from the villainous side for once. There are two sides to every story, and it was good to know that people do things for reasons that might not always be clear. 

2. The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4), by Rick Riordan 

3. The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5), by Rick Riordan 

Although I really enjoyed reading these, finding out what was going to happen to the heroes I had come to know and love, I was certainly releaved when I finished both of these. At the end of book three, I thought I would be eager to find out how everyone would find their way back to eachother again. There were interesting parts definitely. In fact, I would say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I feel like I should have spread the series apart further than I did, so that it didn't feel like I was just finishing the book to be done. 

I did enjoy the last two books in the series, but I'm glad I'm done. 

4. The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club #1), by Richard Osman 

After finishing the Heroes of Olympus series, I wanted something quick and fast paced. This was it in a way, but it wasn't the book I needed to get out of a fast approaching reading slump. Nevertheless, I loved the main characters: Joyce, Donna, and especially Elizabeth. The others were all fantastic too, the book couldn't exist without any of them, and my favourite parts were when they were running rings round the police, who just couldn't twig that everything they did was deliberate. It was certainly a change of pace and a book that I very much enjoyed. Anticipating the release of the next book, which is released in October. 

5. Instructions for Dancing, by Nicola Yoon 

I started this yesterday, and I finished it this morning. This was the book I'd been waiting for to get me out of my nearly reading slump, and although it was a rather short book, like less than 300 pages, I am pleased to say that none of it felt rushed, the characters felt fully fleshed out, and it didn't feel like anything was missing. It was a fast, entertaining read, and likely will be on my favourites list for the year. If you're a fan of Nicola Yoon, or like books about dancing and romance, then this is a book you should add to your TBR. 


Okay! Those are the books I read in the month of June! Hopefully I'll get to more in the next month, but you'll be able to see what those books are in my July TBR (2021)!

I hope you enjoyed this wrap up, as always feel free to comment what you read this month, and I'll see you all very soon! 

Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxx



4 comments:

  1. I've heard so many people sing praises of Instructions for Dancing, it sounds like such a good read. I hope June treated you well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I was surprised by how quickly and how much I enjoyed it, I didn't have enormously high hopes for it upon picking it up. It did, thank-you, I hope June treated you well too.

      Delete
  2. Instructions for Dancing has been on my radar for a bit now. It sounds so good!

    Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, I'm thinking it'll reach my favourites for the year. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete