Friday 25 February 2022

Books 1-10 of 2022

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I've finally made it to 10 books! Which means it's time for a re-cap! 

Here are the books I've read so far this year!

Enjoy!


1. All Time Low Presents: Young Renegades, by Tres Dean 

A suprise book that I'd ordered several months ago, that kept getting pushed back. Was very excited to pick this up, but wasn't expecting a huge amount from. What I will say is that, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it absolutely met my expectations. Solid standalone, and although I don't regret reading it, I'm glad it's a standalone and nothing more than that. 

2. One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston 

High expectations with this one. Winner of a Goodreads Award, this was everyone's favourite book when it was released. Definitely enjoyed it, I just seemed to lose interest after maybe 20 pages, every time I picked it up. It wasn't boring all in all, sometimes I actually liked that it took me so long, because a lot of it felt like slow burn, but when it got to the point where I'd been reading it for 8 days and I was only just over halfway, is when my interest began to dwindle in a big way. Same as the above novel, I enjoyed it, but in a way I'm relieved that I was able to finish, so it's done. Sorry guys. 


3. The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo #1), by Rick Riordan 

4. The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo #2), by Rick Riordan 

5. The Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo #3), by Rick Riordan 

6. The Tyrant's Tomb (Trials of Apollo #4), by Rick Riordan 

7. The Tower of Nero (Trials of Apollo #5), by Rick Riordan 


YES! I cannot describe the feeling I felt when I delinquished this series. 
It has been an absolute honour and joy to become engrossed in this Rick Riordan world, follow magnificent characters launch themselves into near impossible situations and (most of the time) live to tell the tale. The Trials of Apollo series was just as amazing as the rest of the series, I feel so relieved and satisfied to have chosen and finished this fifth and final series. 
Absolute wonderful to have known these characters, these adventures, it's been wonderful. 

8. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, by Rachel Lynn Soloman 

All my in-depth thoughts are linked to the review (in the title) but to tie it all up, I thought that this was an absolutely phenomenal read. So powerful and emotional, you'll have no trouble jumping straight into these character's POV. Absolutely, astounding good read for a debut, I can't wait to read more of Rachel Lynn Solomon's work, because I am certaintly interested to read more. 

9. What If It's Us (What If It's Us #1), by Becki Albertalli & Adam Silvera

I read and fell in love with these characters two years ago, and now that the second and final book has been released, I was gearing up for a re-read of this. Of course I was a little nervous about jumping back into this after two years, worried I wouldn't like it as much as I did, but honestly, I had nothing to worry about. It still remains a firm favourite, and I know I can go back to it again and again and the magic will still be there. Just a darn cute book guys, from two of the best YA contemporary authors published today. Just go and read it guys, if you haven't yet. 


10. Here's To Us (What If It's Us #2), by Becki Albertalli & Adam Silvera
And then I got to this. Takes place two years later, when both boys are at college. Arthur has been hired as an intern at one of the top queer theatre companies currently working on their next performance (love this by the way), which means he's back in New York. Ben is back in the city for the summer. They both have romances going on. Just not with eachother. 
This is where the second book starts. It's different to the first one, but it's nice to meet the old characters once more, Ben, Arthur, Dylan, Samantha, as well as some new ones too. 
So, I didn't love this as much as I loved book 1, but it'll probably still make my favourites list at the end of the year, I don't doubt that. 
It was so wonderful to read all about these characters, and the fun they have in it. Didn't end the way I thought it would, but that made the ending just that little bit better. 
Loved this, and I'm satisfied with leaving these characters like this. 
Awesome conclusion. 


Okay! Those are all the books that I've read so far this year! I'm currently working my way to catch up with my Goodreads pace (I get on track, and then suddenly I'm 1 book behind schedule- you know how it is, right)? 
I enjoyed all of them (some more than others), but I'm glad I got to have a look at them all, and I hope you have too! 

Okay! That's everything I have for you guys today! I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you soon with my February Wrap Up (2022)! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment