Wednesday 2 February 2022

January Wrap Up and February TBR (2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And February is upon us! But we can't have the TBR without the wrap up, which I am just about to do (both, because why not)?

I read a total of five books this month, and although I was hoping to read a bit more, I'm happy with how it picked up towards the end. 

Here are the books I read, I hope you enjoy it. 


January Wrap Up

1. All Time Low Presents: Young Renegades, by Tres Dean (Writer), Ryan Cady (Editor), Rober Wilson IV (Illustrator) & Megan Huang (Illustrator)

I ordered this some time in July and, although I wanted to read it straight away when I received it in December, I figured it would make more sense to read this at the start of January, to get a headstart on the reading goal for 2022. 

It was a decent read. Good as a standalone, and as always a fast read, as grahpic novels always are. It wasn't the best graphic novel I've read in my life, but it was a nice little placeholder. Enjoyed it a fair bit. 

2. One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston

After hearing about the mountainous hype that this book had on Goodreads, I was a bit nervous going into it. It won a Goodreads award despite only being out a couple of months, and although it was a solid four star read, everytime I went to pick it up, I felt my attention wane even after 20 pages or so. When I went to write a review on it, I had little to no thoughts on it. 

I don't regret picking this up, because I'd have spent months wanting to read this otherwise, but after reading this, I'm not sure that Casey McQuiston's books are for me. 

3. The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1), by Rick Riordan (Re-read)

4. The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo #2), by Rick Riordan 

5. The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo #3), by Rick Riordan 

My main plan for the month was to complete this series, but with less than half of the month left when I started book 2, I wasn't sure how far in I was going to get with this. But I'm happy with my progress, (I read book two and three by audiobook) and I'm due to finish book four in a couple of days. I'm really enjoying the series so far, and although I'm gearing up for to finally be done with Rick Riordan series' (whilst also wanting to see what happens at the end) it's bitter sweet because I know it'll be hard to get past once I'm finally done. 



~February TBR~
1. The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo #4), by Rick Riordan 
2. The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo #5), by Rick Riordan 
I'm aiming for the tenth to finish both of these, and if I manage to finish book four at some time tomorrow, it may even be earlier. At times, catching up on all of Rick Riordan's series' seemed like an overwhelming and daunting task. It often seemed like I'd never get to all of them, and here I am reading the second to last book. The penultimate. And it's been a pleasure. To know these characters, follow them on all these dangerous missions and survive. I don't know how I'm going to feel after finishing these, but I do know that it's been wonderful reading these. 
Thank you Rick Riordan, for allowing me to go on these wonderful journeys, and relive my dreams again. 

3. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, by Rachel Lynn Soloman 
I'm determined to get to this in February. I'm putting it right after the Trials of Apollo books to ensure I read it, because I so desperately want to. Long summary short, You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone is about twins, that find out that one of them has inherited a gene that'll turn into Huntington's disease when they get older. It'll be upsetting no doubt, but it's been so long since I've read a really sad book, that I'm wondering how I'll be with it. Also, I don't think I've read a book about Huntington's disease ever, so I'm interested in that aspect. I love reading a book that introduces a new representation so I'm looking forward to really getting into this one. 

4. What If It's Us (What If It's Us #1), by Becki Albertalli & Adam Silvera 
5. Here's To Us (What If It's Us #2), by Becki Albertalli & Adam Silvera


I read book 1 at the end of February 2020 and absolutely loved it. It made my Favourite Books of the year if I recall and I am ecstatic that the sequel has finally been released. 
This is pretty much my bread and butter of Valentines, and I fully expect to get as much cuteness from these two books, to make up for the full month (because they're the only fully romance novels that I'll be picking up). I'm genuinely excited to pick these two and I fully expect to love book 2 just as much as book 1. (Please *fingers & toes crossed*.) 


6. Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper & Fire #1), by Natasha Nyan 
7. Girls of Storm & Shadow (Girls of Paper & Fire #2), by Natasha Nyan 
I recently obtained Girls of Fate and Fury and I remember exactly zilch of book two and only the main plot of book 1, so methinks it's time to re-read these, before I jump into the concluding novel of this bone-crushing series. Most of the reasons why I enjoyed these books is gone, so hopefully this re-read should reimburse my love for this series, becuase I know it's there. 
Because both of these are re-reads, I've put them at the end of the TBR, so I can start them (and finish them hopefully) for the end of the month, so I can start book 3 at the beginning of March. Looking forward to fully emerging myself back into the world of Lei and Wren and their plans to overthrow the King. 



Okay! That was my January Wrap Up & February TBR (2022)! I hope you enjoyed it, and as always, feel free to comment down below, to tell me what you'll be reading this month! 
I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment