Thursday 30 June 2022

Anticipated Releases (July- September 2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my anticipated releases for the next few months! 

I don't have as many as usual, but hopefully that means that I'll get to them all at some point. 

Enjoy! 


July

N/A.

Funny enough, I don't have any anticipated releases for July. A free month to catch up on all the others! (As if I'll actually catch up hahaha). 


August

1. The Drowned Woods, by Emily Lloyd-Jones

Release date: 16/8/22


"Once upon a time, the kingdomd of Wales were rife with magic and conflic, and eighteen-year-old Mererid "Mer" is well-acquainted wih both. She is the last living water diviner and has spent years running from the prince who bound her into his service. Under the prince's orders. she located the wells of his enemies, and he poisoned them without her knowledge, causing hundreds of deaths. After discovering what he had done, Mer went to great lengths to disappear from his reach. Then Mer's old handler returns with a proposition: use her powers to bring down the very prince that abused them both. 


The best way to do that is to destory the magical well that keeps the prince's lands safe. With a motley crew of allies, including a fae-cursed young man, a lady of thieves, and a corgi that may or may not be a spy, Mer may finally be able to steal precious freedom and peace for herself. After all, a person with a knife us one thing... but a person with a cause can topple kingdoms."

I know this sounds like just another fantasy standalone, but I couldn't help sticking it on the list for some reason. The cover is gorgeous, it sounds like the protagonist's motivation is actually the environment, and it's also a revenge story, and I love a good revenge story, which I'm hoping this one is, based on the thoroughly detailed synopsis you see before you. Can't wait to have this lovely hardback brightening up my shelves. 

2. Nothing More To Tell, by Karen M. McManus

Release date: 30/8/22

Another Karen M. McManus book to add! Does this woman ever sleep? Methinks not. I hope this is as good as the others, but I honestly think that Karen M. McManus' books just get better and better. 


Four years ago, Brynn left Saint Ambrose School following the shocking murder of her favourite teacher- a story that made headlines after the teacher's body was found by three Saint Ambrose students in the woods behind their school. The case was never solved. Now that Brynn is moving home and starting her dream internship at a true-crime show, she's determined to find out what really happened. 

The kids who found Mr. Larkin are her way in, and her ex-best friend, Tripp Talbot, was one of them. 
Without his account of events, the other two kids might have gone down for Mr. Larkin's murder. They've never forgotten what Tripp did for them that day. Just like he hasn't forgotten that everything he told the police was a lie. 

Digging into the past is bound to shake up the present, and as Brynn begins to investigate what happened in
the woods that day, she begins to uncover secrets that might change everything- about Saint Ambrose, about Mr. Larkin and about her ex-best friend, Tripp Talbot. 
Four years ago, someone got away with murder. The most terrifying part is that they never left."

At this point, I believe I would read Karen M. McManus' shopping lists, she is one of the few auto-buy authors I have, but what I like about this premise, is that it's a teacher that's been murdered. This intrigues me because, what could have possibly happened that would drive someone to murder a teacher. Can't wait to find out. 

3. Carrie Soto Is Back, by Taylor Jenkins- Reid

Release date: 30/8/22

As mentioned in my Mid- Year Freak Out Book Tag post, Carrie Soto is Back is probably my most anticipated release for the second half of the year, so I had to tack this release on the list. I've never heard of a tennis book being released before (fiction), especially one written by the infamous Taylor Jenkins Reid. With Wimbledon currently on for the next couple of weeks, I'll need something for when it's over so I'm highly excited to pick this up soon. (Might read Malibu Rising first though as I'm aware that Carrie Soto makes an appearance in that too.) 

"Carrie Soto is fierce, and her determination to win at any cost has not made her popular. But by the time she retires from tennis, she is the best player the world has ever seen. She has shattered every record and claimed twenty Grand Slam titles. And if you ask Carrie, she is entitled to every one. She sacrificed nearly everything to become the best, with her father, Javier, as her coach. A former champion himself, Javier has trained her since the age of two. 

But six years after her retirement, Carrie finds herself sitting in the stands of the 1994 US Open, watching her record be taken from her by a brutal, stunning player named Nicki Chan. 

At thirty-seven years old, Carrie makes the monumental decision to come out of retirement and be coached by her father for one last year in an attempt to reclaim her record. Even if the sports media says that they never like "the Battle-Axe" anyway. Even if her body doesn't move as fast as it did. Anf even if it means swallowing her pride to train with a man she once almost opened her heart to: Bowe Huntley. Like her, he has something to prove before he gives up the game forever. 

In spite of it all, Carrie Soto is back, for one epic final season. In this riveting and unforgettable novek, Taylor Jenkins Reid tells her most vulnerable, emotional story yet."

September

1. The Bullet That Missed (Thursday Murder Club #3), by Richard Osman 

Release date: 13/9/22

The third book in the Thursday Murder Club series! I'm not going to add the synopsis to this one because I haven't yet read the 2nd book in the series, and I don't want to spoil the third book, but you can check out the synopsis here.
Honestly, I had no idea there was going to be a third book, I thought this series was going to be a duology (though of course I'm thrilled that the series will be continuing). 


Okay! Those are my anticipated releases for the next few months! I know they are few, but they are a selected few and I want to get to all of them! 

Right! That is all I have for you today, as always, let me know what books you guys are counting down the days for (in the comments, of course). 
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment