Sunday 12 June 2022

What's Coming

 Hey guys, I'm here!

This is Abi, to be clear. 

I'm still alive! 

I just haven't been posting. 

But I've been reading. Skulduggery mostly. 

But because I could almost feel a reading slump coming on, I decided that I'd put Skulduggery Pleasant to one side, and come back to it soon. 

So, I bought some new books- one that I've already read, but I'll get to that in a second. 

Anyway, this is just a post to talk to you about what I'll be posting in the upcoming month, and some other books I'll be picking up before I return to the second part of the Skulduggery Pleasant. 

Without further ado, enjoy! 


~Books Obtained~

I've obtained four books recently, and I'll be reading three of them (one already read) before going back to Skulduggery Pleasant. 

1. (Finished): I Was Born For This, by Alice Oseman 

This is the last book by Alice Oseman that I haven't read, I've slowly read through the rest of her books over the last through years, and even though I haven't read this yet, honestly it felt like I was returning home. It was so lovely to be able to start another of Alice Oseman's books, and it was exactly what I needed to put me back on track. 

2. Currently reading: Book Lovers, by Emily Henry 
I've had my eye on this one for a while, having loved both People I Meet On Vacation and Beach Read. I'm just under 100 pages in, and I've gotten into it just as much as well as the other two. If you didn't know, Book Lovers is about a literary agent and an editor that absolutely hate eachother. It's the classic hate to love trope, and I'm excited to see how it pans out. 

3. Gallant, by V.E. Schwab 
I'm saving this one until last, because it's closer in theme and genre to Skulduggery Pleasant so it shouldn't be too much of a leap from this to that. It's a neat 307 pages, something I can easily read in a weekend, but based on V.E. Schwab's books that I've read in the past, I'm sure it'll be packed with engaging, mysterious and thrilling chapters. 
I don't know much about this, and I want to keep it like that. I know that its about a girl called Olivia, that's called to her family's estate, Gallant, by a letter from an uncle that's been dead for several years. There's secrets, mystery, all in the only place that has ever felt like home to Olivia. 
What's in store? I have no idea, and I'm intrigued to find out. 

4. The Man Who Died Twice (Thursday Murder Club #2), by Richard Osman 
I want to re-read The Thursday Murder Club before giving this one a try. It's been a couple of years since I read the first book in the series, and hopefully it means that I won't have to re-read both, when the third on comes out in September. 
If you don't know what this is about, it's about a group of eighty-year-olds investigating a murder. It's a lot more exciting than you think, because they're all incredibly funny, well-rounded characters that know a lot more than the police think they do. It's such an imaginative and entertaining read (the first one, that is). And I imagine the second one will be too. 
I'll be reading this after I finish Skulduggery Pleasant


~What's Coming This Month~ 
I've never done this kind of thing before, but maybe releasing what I plan to post this month will keep me accountable. Well- more than I have been. 
There are a number of posts I plan to release this month, starting with this one! 

1. This! 

2. The Mid-Year Freak Out Tag! 
Of course I was always planning on doing this tag- I haven't done one for months, and if there's a tag to kick start the monthly ones, it's the mid-year freak out tag. 

3. Anticipated Releases (July- September 2022)
More books are being released in the next few months, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you guys. If you have your eye on any releases already, let me know in the comments! 

4. June Wrap Up (2022)
I've read books other than Skulduggery Pleasant this month, which means a wrap up. 

Okay! That's the list for what I plan to post this month (here's to hoping I stick to it). 
I have to admit, it'll be nice to get some consistency back into posting. 

Okay! That's everything I have for you guys today, I hope you enjoyed this!
Once again, comment your anticipated releases, I'm currently on the look out for them. 
I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you very soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment