Saturday 3 June 2017

June TBR (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am super excited about the selection of books I have lined up for June!
Apart from that, I finish college for the year this month, so I will have plenty of time for reading!
Without further ado, here is my June TBR!

June TBR (2017)
1. Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1), by Kendare Blake
I'm already about 75 pages into this and even though I'm not super impressed by what I've read so far, I'm intrigued as to who is going to win this battle that the book has set up. In Three Dark Crowns, every generation has a set of triplets: each child possesses a type of magic. And when these three triplets reach the age of sixteen, they must each compete in a fight to the death to see who wins the crown. Intensity guaranteed. I'm not far enough into it to go into much more detail than that, but what is intriguing is that none of the Queens seem to be put into the favoured light, like I haven't picked up any clues as to who is going to win the fight and become queen, which I haven't encountered much before. I have to say, it'll be interesting to see where the story goes.

2. Contagion (Dark Matter #1), by Teri Terry
Of course, as soon as a Teri Terry book is released I have to read it! This is the first book in a new trilogy, and there is nothing better than the start of a new trilogy, especially by Teri Terry! I will for sure be doing a review for this, so look out for that! This is a story about Kai, a boy who is looking for his sister Callie- who is missing. Then he meets Shay, a girl who saw Callie the night she disappeared, and his hope is regained. Their search for his sister leads them to the heart of a terrifying epidemic that is raging throughout the country. The main point is: can the two of them find Callie and escape alive? If there's one thing that I know about Teri Terry, she can do intensity really well, and this sounds like it's up to the back teeth of intensity. Can't wait to read this.

3. The Girls, by Emma Cline

I've said pretty much all I want to about this book in my May Book Haul (come check it out here). This is for the Waterstones book club that starts 29th June, and this book has been on my radar since it was picked for the Waterstones book of the month. Based on a true story, this is about a girl called Evie, who is desperate to be noticed by the seemingly amazing girls that sees everyday. But intoxicated by their promises and lies, Evie comes back to their house with them, only to discover that things aren't always what they seem. This book looks dark and addictive, and I just can't wait to read it. 
4. Orangeboy, by Patrick Lawrence
I think this is now the book that has been on my bookshelf the longest. It's been there for near enough a year ago, and even though my interest for it hasn't dwindled much, the motivation to pick it up has dwindled enormously. From what I know about it, this is a book that's about choices: would you become a person you never wanted to become, the person that your brother became, from his own choices, for the people you love? And that alone is enough to intrigue me. So I hope this book is good, because I might just do a review if I enjoy it enough.
5. Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty
I can't believe this is last on my list for June, but there are other books that I need to read before this. Nevertheless, it is still on here, and because there are only 5 books on this TBR, hopefully I'll get to it eventually! I don't know much about the book, but I know that the TV show is incredibly fast paced and intense, so hopefully the book will be too! And with the ending sentence of the blurb being "It was always going to end in tears, but no-one thought it would end in murder!" I'm inclined to believe that it will be intense. Again, looking forward to seeing what this book is about.
So that is my June TBR (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all on Monday, where I think I will be reviewing either Vortex (Tempest #2), or The Edge of Everything! I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you then.
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx





 

No comments:

Post a Comment