Friday 30 June 2017

June Wrap Up (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I've been thinking that my Wrap Ups could be more than just talking about books. I'm talking television shows and films I've been watching recently and any writing I've been doing.
So let me know in the comments what you think, because this is sort of a trial run!
Enjoy!


BOOKS
So the books that I read this month are:

As you can see, I have a review up. You can click it!
This is sort of a lead up to the big event, which is three sisters, each with a unique gift- and their inevitable fight to the death.
And although this is just the lead up to the event, a lot goes on throughout the three sisters. And even though this event has been happening for hundreds of generations, nothing will be the same after this year.
So I recommend this to anybody who is in the mood for a surprisingly good, yet intense and fiercely fast paced book!

2. Contagion (Dark Matter #1), by Teri Terry
I have not a review up yet for this one, and I'm still consinuating as to whether I should post one or not, but I will let you guys know on my twitter (@TheWorldIsBooks) so good check it out on Twitter!
But anyway, this is the first book in Teri Terry new trilogy, and although I had a few problems with this one, I'm looking forward to seeing the direction that the story goes in. There are a bunch of directions that the story can go in, and there is no doubt in my mind that this book is going to be explosive and unexpected from now, all the way through to the end.

3. The Girls, by Emma Cline
I will definitely be posting a review on this because even though I didn't initially have a bunch of thoughts on this, a book that is loosely based on the Madson Murders that took place in 1969, having discussed this in my book club last night, I have a lot of thoughts to discuss with you guys on this one. I appreciate that this isn't what I usually like to read and review, but that's kind of the point to a book club: to read and discover new books that might not necessarily be something you like to read!

4. Orangeboy, by Patrick Lawrence
This was a book that showed me just how easy it is to get swept up into the world of crime and brutality, as well as how hard it is to come back out.
This was a book that frustrated me no end, if I'm being honest. Purely because it was so easy to see where the main character was headed, and he knew what he was doing, and even though there were some points that were interesting, I feel like the whole thing could have been better.

I decided to read this and not Big Little Lies, purely because I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it before the month was out, and let me just say that it was so good to re-discover these characters, and their journeys, and just re-live this book. This review isn't the best, especially as it was posted last year, but by all means, take a look!


TELEVISION SHOWS AND FILMS
1. Waterloo Road (Series 1 & 2)
This was a television show that was on from 2006, and ended in 2015. It's set in a school and it is by far one of my favourite tv shows that I have watched, maybe ever. This tv show was basically my childhood and I recently started to re-watch series 1 on YouTube. It was so great to watch all the familiar characters and forget everything that has happened. If there is anyone that watched Waterloo Road at any point, let me know in the comments!

2. Pretty Little Liars (Season 6)
In the attempt to catch up before the final episode, I started to watch this again (even though it isn't possible as I do not have Netflix, but am watching on DVD). But I can watch up to the end of season 6, which I am definitely going to be doing at some point in July.
(No spoilers please).


WRITING
I haven't done as much writing jobs this month, certainly not as much as I might have liked to. At the moment I am working on my second draft, and hopefully I will have that finished by the end of summer, or September at the latest.
So other than that, there isn't really anything else to tell concerning writing.
Let me know in the comments if there are any writing posts, you guys might be interesting in seeing, because I would like talk about writing more on this blog.


So that is my June Wrap Up (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what you thought about it overall, and I will reply!
So I hope you have a wonderful afternoon and I will see you on Monday with my July TBR!
(Heads up, it might be late as I am in London on Monday).
So, byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment