Monday 3 July 2017

July TBR (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am posting my July TBR, because there's nothing to keep you motivated than to post a TBR, and they are one of my favourites to post! Hey, let me know what you guys like to see, what your favourite posts are, and I'll try to post more! (Let me know in the comments).
But anyway, here are the books I plan to read in July!

1. Northern Lights (The Dark Materials #1), by Philip Pullman
This was actually perfect timing. Not only is it the Booksplotion book for the month of July (starts 7pm EST on the 14th??? I want to say- which is midnight for us in the UK- yet I will stay up if it kills me), but it is also the book of the month for my book-club at my public Waterstones, so I actually have a reason to pick it up now! This book has seemingly been out for centuries, so I appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on these books!

2. The Circle, by Dave Eggers
I don't know all that much about this, but from what I've heard, that's the best way to go into these types of thrillers (yes, it is a thriller, apparently). But this book kind of brings into question what society would be like if people were following literally your every move-through social media. They would be watching you for every second, knowing every you know because seeing is believing, right? This book follows a character who finds out a secret about the organisation, an organisation that is seeking to change the world itself in it's image, change the idea of what the world is, and I have to say, I look forwards to seeing how this book goes.

3. The Chemist, by Stephenie Meyer
Yet another thriller, but a lot more fast paced, I hope, and less mystery, this tells the story of an ex-agent that must take on one more job. Except she is on the run from the agency, and this one job is to clear her name.
Okay, somehow I got the hardback copy for this, but I'm not complaining.
And may I say that cover is beautiful!
But yeah, I'm looking forward to reading what else she can write. Thoughts on my wrap-up.

4. Strange the Dreamer, by Laini Taylor
Although I'm new to Laini Taylor's works, what pulled me towards this book (besides the beautiful cover, I must admit) was the weird and crazy premise that dreams choose their host, not the other way around. That's basically all I know, but this book has got nothing but amazing reviews, and I think it's time that I pick up a Laini Taylor book, so no time like the present!

5. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1), by Leigh Bardugo
Although I didn't give this book the best review first time around, I am determined to see this duology through to the end and to do that I need to re-read the first book so I can see what happens in Crooked Kingdom, the second book in the duology. This follows a combination of characters with a unique set of skills of on an impossible heist, and they may be able to do it- if they don't end up killing each-other first. As well as packing a seriously powerful punch, the character dynamic is also a little more interesting and toxic than normal, so I am looking forward to marathoning this duology at the end of the month.

Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty
DO NOT STRESS Moriarty Fans! I am still reading Big Little Lies, I just didn't include it on this list because I am literally 50 pages away from finishing it, and I will be finishing it before I sleep tonight! More on my wrap up (though I could be tempted to review it if you guys want it so).

On that note, that is the end of my July TBR! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you all read some wonderful books, whatever they may be! I just posted on my Instagram, the current books I own that I will be reading this month, so check it out!
So, byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment