Wednesday 26 July 2017

July Book Haul (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since it's nearing the end of the month, I think It's time I post a July Book Haul. (Especially as I've actually bought enough books to do a haul, and some of them are quite popular at the moment).
And I've even read one of them!
So let's get to it!

1. All That She Can See, by Carrie Hope Fletcher
From what I know, this is about a girl called Cherry, who from some sort of power, uses her baking skills to make people happy, and she's the only one that has this gift that she meets. And then she meets somebody else (not certain of his name) that has the same gift, but uses it in the opposite way. It's Carrie Hope Fletcher's second novel, and it has baking, love and a little bit of magic, and is sure to be an absolute winner in the charts apparently, from what I hear of the reviews.
2. Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl #2), by Chris Russell
This is the second book of the Songs About A Girl trilogy, and let me tell you, I cannot wait to see how Charlie Bloom's career in photography intertwined with Fire & Lights. It sounds cheesy, but it is anything but. There's a love triangle, which I normally don't like, but the first book, was the exception for some reason. I'm actually sort of nervous to see the direction that the story will take, though I hope it's as good as the first book was. No doubt I will be reading this soon, so more in a review or wrap up soon.
3. One of Us Is Lying, by Karen M. McManus
I only bought this the other day, and those that follow my Instagram (you can click it on the side, there's a section) know that I have already read it! It was one of the books for the booktube-a-thon, and I have to say, if you think you might like this book, PICK IT UP. Putting a daunting new spin on the Breakfast Club, five people enter detention, and only four leave it alive. When the police conclude that this death was no accident, the four remaining students are now the four main suspects, because Simon is all set to reveal their deepest secrets. How far would you go to conceal the truth?
4. Resurrection, by Derek Landy
I finally got it! As much as the cover change sticks out like a sore thumb against the rest of the series, I am so excited to see yet more adventures that Valkyrie and Skulduggery might try to overcome. This is basically my childhood, but in a much more epic way, and I am so excited, you cannot UNDERSTAND. Skulduggery, Valkyrie, Ghastly, maybe Tanith, I don't know! I know absolutely nothing, yet I know there will be sarcasm, sarcastic wit, action, and unity, and a butt full of ACTION AND LAUGHTER from us as readers!
5. Lady Midnight (Dark Artifices #1), by Cassandra Clare
Even though I haven't read the Infernal Devices yet, I do plan to read them later this year, and buying this means that I can jump right in with the Dark Artifices series. I do not know squat about this series at the moment, and that's the way I want it to stay. (Don't want any spoilers). But, I know that I will love this book, because... Cassandra Clare.
6. Oblivion (Power of Five #5), by Anthony Horowitz
I have already loved and completed this series, and let me just comment on the cover for a second: it perfectly grasps the feeling of the place where this fifth and final book in the series is set: Alaska. This book is harsh, and will take your affections on a journey, that will take you by surprise, by how much you will come to care for these characters. This is the story of five children, all with supernatural gifts, and ten thousand years ago, they defeated and banished the Ancient Ones. But ten thousand years later, the Ancient Ones are back. But so are the children. And they are the same children. (They're not actually children, they're 14-15 years old.) But this series is slit-through, and almost cruel, what they have to do during this series. It is one of my favourite childhood series, and I love it so much.

So that is my July Book Haul (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what you thought in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful day and a great reading day!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment