Monday 16 October 2017

Finally Fall Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though we, here in England call Fall Autumn, this is what the tag is called, which is why it's the title for the tag!
So, on to the tag!

To be honest, I am so glad that it is finally autumn, because I can wear my boots, you wake up to those days when it's crispy and cold, but still beautiful, and there's people drinking spiced latte and hot chocolate everywhere.
And don't forget all the great book releases!
But, on to the tag!


1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting.
I think I'm going to choose Glass Sword, by Victoria Aveyard for this one, just because we get to see a bit of the world outside the story in the first book, and even when it's all in ruins, it's still super easy to picture the world for the story.


2. Nature is beautiful... but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy book like loss or grief
This is the first book that came to mind when I saw this category. And beautifully written, but with a heavy subject matter is the perfect way to describe this book. I flew through this, and even though it didn't exactly live up to the hype, I still really loved the characters, and especially Griffin's journey as he struggles to live his own life in a world without Theo.






3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new
I really don't read non-fiction books, so I'm not going to choose one. But if you have a non-fiction book that taught you a lot, let me know in the comments and I might pick it up!


4. In order to keep warm, it's good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you'd like to be part of.
Now, normally I'd go for the easy choice and pick the Weasleys, because they are the ultimate loving family, but I think I'm going to go with Scarlett and Silas (and Rosie) from Sisters Red, the first book in the Fairytale Retellings series, by Jackson Pearce.
Even though they are their own people, I know that Scarlett and Silas have eachother's backs, no matter what, and they prove it in this instalment. And Rosie completes that group, they are all at the their best when this trio is together, and the fact that they all have their own strengths in the group is what elevates their speed, their power and strength as a trio, and they are one of the main reasons why I love this series so much!


5. The colourful leaves are pilling on the ground: show us a pile of fall coloured spines!
Not the best picture, but I tried to get the colours to match the leaves changing colour. The subject has nothing to do with this, it's just purely for the cover. This isn't the biggest picture, especially as I don't have that many books that look like the leaves do in autumn. But hopefully you guys like and appreciate it!






6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.

And who's telling the story? Death. I don't know why this story creeped into my head, because it's only really a part storyteller. It's more of like a character's perspective inside of a story. We get to see the story of a character, inside like the over-all story. So this is the book that I chose. (And also because I love this story, and I might re-read it next year).






7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
I think I'm going to choose Aaru for this one. This book isn't the creepiest, like it isn't the classic horror book, but there is a twisty and dark undertone of maybe this isn't quite real, and if it, how is it possible. Plus the ending has one the darkest, most creepiest scenes I've read in a long time. So, if you think you can stomach it, pick this one up for Halloween.

8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heart-warming read that could warm up somebody's cold and rainy day.
It's been a while since I've read this, but I know that even though it's sad, it's also so heart-warming, and definitely teaches you to not take anything for granted, and to cherish the people around you. This is a story of love, and loss, and even though I read this a couple of years ago, it remains one of my favourite contemporaries ever.

9. Fall returns every year: name an old favourite that you'd like to return to soon.
MIND GAMES. I read this last year, and I actually think that this is maybe my favourite Teri Terry book! It is by far my favourite Sci-fi book, and put in Teri Terry's ability to tell an amazing story, and create a unique world, and you have Mind Games. This world takes place in a virtual world. The people live in a world where they are constantly online, but they aren't aware that they are, and that's used in the plot so well, that I can't help but love it.




10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favourite cozy reading 'accessories'.
  • Headphones (though that's really, all year long)
  • Hot chocolate (or pumpkin spiced latte)
That's it really!


11. Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people!
Norees @ NoReadsTooGreat
Cassie @ Cassie Winters
Katie @ ReadWithKaty


So that is the Finally Fall Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it, and even if you aren't tagged, feel free to take part!
So that is all I have for you today! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you all on Wednesday, when I will post my second entry of the Spooky meme, by The Book Prophet!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment