Monday 30 October 2017

October Wrap Up (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm sorry it's been so long! Really.
Last week was just so crazy!
But, it's calmed down a bit now, finally.
And I have some time to write on here!

So, here's my October Wrap Up (2017)!

BOOKS
So, this month I did okay, but nowhere near as good as last month. I read a total of four books, one of which was a re-read, but I am still on track to reach my *new* Goodreads goal of 80 books.
Here are the books that I read this month:

1. The Chemist, by Stephenie Meyer
With this, the pacing was kind of crazy. I'm not going to say it was all over the place, because it wasn't. But, it took a while to get into it. Also, you need to go into this book with the mind-set to concentrate, because it'll take forever to get through this book if you don't. At least, that's what it was like for me. Let me get this straight, I did enjoy it , Stephenie truly did surprise about how good she'd got, but there was something stopping me from giving it 5 stars, which I think is the pacing. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who does enjoy spy, scientific with guns and explosions.


2. The Infinite Sea, by Rick Yansey
3. The Last Star, by Rick Yansey
...How do I begin to explain these two? Did I love them? No. But were they a solid two part to the end of the trilogy. Yes. Some parts were slow as death, and by that I mean very. But other parts were like meh. And then some parts were just... crazy good. It ended differently to how I thought it would, and even though it wasn't the best way to end the trilogy in my opinion, it is only my opinion and I am satisfied with how it all wrapped up. Do I recommend it? To the right reader, this has the potential to be one of their favourite trilogy's. But to the majority, I think they'd be a bit more picky.


4. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult (Re-read)
I'm pretty confident I have a review somewhere on my blog. If not, this is one of my favourites and it had been a while since I've read it. You should read it.
End of description.
Also, there's a film for this. It's about a girl called Anna, who is suing her parents for the rights of her own body. Basically, she was created in a dish to save her sister, who has leukaemia. She is a perfectly matched donor, and she's had enough. Now, what I love about this book is you get the whole family's perspective. I love it. As I said before, it is one of my absolute favourites.


OTHERS
So, just because this month has been so, so hectic with college and rehearsals, I have had zero chance of writing.
As for watching...

Dance Academy
I'm legit watching Dance Academy as I work on this now. I got the urge to re-watch it again!
Don't judge me...


So that is my October Wrap Up (2017)!
I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any thoughts about t-shows, or books, or...
If you're competing in NaNoWriMo, let me know!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Okay, byeee!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment