Wednesday 24 January 2018

December & January Book Haul (2017/2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
So, the last time I posted a book haul was back in November.
So, I thought it was time I posted a new one, because I've bought more books these past couple of months!

1. Wool (Wool #1), by Hugh Howey
The summary on the back is kind of vague, but that's one of the things I like about this. It talks about a community that lives underground, the ones that have been the 'unluckiest' to survive. They live a life full of rules of regulations, where some of them dream to go up. They are the dangerous ones, the ones that need to be feared. And that's all it says. This is a series that has been on my radar for years, now. Something I might read in my spare time. It still is, but I saw it in a charity shop, and I thought, why not?


2. It, by Stephen King
I mentioned this in my TBR Jar for 2018 post. I recently got this book for Christmas, and well, it's about clowns. There's a character called Pennywise, and there was a film about it. I haven't seen the film, I haven't read the book yet, but I'm thinking Halloween, because it would be perfect! (And I'd likely be haunted by it for the entire month).


 3. This Mortal Coil (This Mortal Coil #1), by Emily Suvada
I have already read and thoroughly enjoyed this. It's a heavily info'ed Sci-fi novel about DNA. But it is so good! I was so in the mood for a good sci-fi book and this one totally fit the bill in the right moment. I have a review for it, you can check it out here. But what I loved about this book was that the world, and the concept was so good. There were twists and turns that I did not see coming, and I cannot wait for the sequel, which comes out sometime in the next couple of years.

4. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
This is a book that is on my TBR Jar for 2018, and probably one of the most anticipated read from that hand-full of books on that particular list. It's set in 1962, and was one of those books that I think, really opened the eyes of a lot of people, to things like the 'black lives matter' movement, and it's one of those books that I've wanted to read because of that reason. I have to say, I'm expecting a lot from this book, but I have hopes that it'll most certainly live up to them.

5. THE FULL MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES, BY CASSANDRA CLARE
I actually found these in a charity shop for under £7. And I just had to have them! Now I have every book that I have read by Cassandra Clare with me! Now all I have to do is find space on my bookshelf...


6. The "To All The Boys I've Loved Before", by Jenny Haan trilogy
I mentioned that I had recently bought these when I posted my TBR Jar for 2018 too, so it would make sense that I'd include these. The covers are beautiful, I can't wait to read this, and I will read them as soon as spring is here, so March/April time. Everybody that has read this had read them and loved them. They are kind of chick-lit and romance contemporary, and they are meant to amazing. So, I can't wait to read them!


So that is my December/January Book Haul (2017/2018)! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any thoughts on any of these books- whether you liked them, whether you want to read any yourself, or whether you hated them! Let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you all on Friday!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx










No comments:

Post a Comment