Monday 29 January 2018

Introducing... Monsters of Verity duology, by VE Schwab

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And yes, I am aware that I have done a bunch of these recently.
And it's just because I've bought a bunch of books that I'm excited about, and I did not want to wait until the monthly book haul!
So, yeah!

Enjoy!


So, after having reserved the second (and having ordered in the first because Waterstones didn't have it in store) I finally have the Monsters of Verity duology!
This is the synopsis of "this savage song", because I know nothing otherwise!

"Kate Harker and August Flynn are the heirs to a divided city,
a grisly metropolis where the violence has begun to create
real and deadly monsters. All Kate wants is to be as ruthless
as her father, who lets the monsters roam free and makes
the inhabitants pay for his protection. August just wants to
be human, as good-hearted as his own father- but his curse
is to be what humans fear. The thin truce that keeps
the Harker and Flynn families at peace is crumbling, and an
assassination attempt forces Kate and August into a tenuous
alliance. But how long will they survive in a city where
no one is safe and monsters are real."

WOW. Even just reading that synopsis, I know this is going to be amazing. Also, I love the incorporate of music into the title, and the juxtaposition (which means two complete opposites things together) of something so harsh, and something so sweet and good together just puts me on edge.
Also, this duology has got crazy good reviews!

I have also heard that people come to read this book, expecting to love it, and coming back from it, having loved it even more than they originally thought they would. It's that kind of book.

Also, there isn't a romance, from what I hear.
Which I am really looking forward to reading about.


So that is all I know about the Monsters of Verity duology! I kind of want to read this in the next month or so, so reviews will be up soon, hopefully!
If you have read the Monsters of Verity duology, or also want to pick it up yourself, let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful week, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment