Monday 16 July 2018

An Update on "TBR Jar for 2018"

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And for the past couple of years I've done like updates on my reading challenges for Goodreads and my writing, but it seems to have gone out the window this year!
So I thought it time that I do an update on my TBR jar! (And also because I'm still intimidated by the IT review I have left to do.)
Enjoy!

Which goals I have Achieved
1. A Stephen King book-IT
So I completed this last month, and to god am I glad I did! Not only was it a gripping and super creepy novel, but boy did it take me a while to get through it! There is a review coming, I promise that, because there is no way that I can pass up the opportunity to share my thoughts for this amazing book!

2. Graphic Novel/Manga
I flew through this in 24 hours, not even. It was the first one that I chose to accomplish, especially as the film had recently come out, and it had sounded interesting. Even though its the only graphic novel that I've picked up this year, it is a goal that I would like to keep doing. If anybody has any suggestions as to what I should pick up, I'd love to hear them!

3. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
I think this is the one that I picked up straight after finishing A Wrinkle In Time, because I didn't want to start a book that I didn't own when I could have been diminishing my TBR from a book that I already had. I've said this before, but I believe that this is a book that every person should read because not only will it help to show how bad it used to be, that this is a part of American history, but to show the difference between today and that time. It was certainly a book that made me think differently about how cruel society can be.


What I'm Definitely Going To Accomplish
1. VE Schwab
After Children of Blood and Bone, these are the only two remaining two books on my TBR. So completing this challenge is kind of a given. And I can't wait to complete it.


2. The Dark Artifices trilogy, by Cassandra Clare
I haven't got to this challenge yet because my main goal was always to complete my TBR before buying any more books. But as soon as I finish everything (so Children of Blood and Bone, and the Monsters of Verity duology) Lord of Shadows will be one of the first books that I pick up (though I might need to reread Lady Midnight first.)


Changes I Would Like To Make
Basically, the other two:
-The Witchlands trilogy, by Susan Dennard
-A Shadow Bright & Burning & A Poison Dark & Drowning, by Jessica Cluess
There are just some other series that are a bit more on my Want to read list than these two.
Who knows, I may actually get to these! I'm going to keep them on my TBR Jar because I don't want to give up on them completely, but if I don't then it won't be such a disappointment.
(Though maybe just with The Witchlands trilogy, because the two by Jessica Cluess, I don't seem to be able to order them anywhere.)

So that is my update on my TBR Jar for 2018! I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know on how you are doing with your own goals for this year! I'd love to see what everyone is trying to achieve!

So that's all I have for you today! I hope you have a wonderful day, or what's left of it, depending on where you are in the world.
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment