Wednesday 11 July 2018

21-30 Books of 2018

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's been a while, but today I am talking about the books that I have read recently this year!
Enjoy!

Although I was happy to get to the second instalment of this series, I was somewhat underwhelmed by this novel. From a sensational ending hanging on a knife-edge of the first book, I was eagerly anticipating (and simultaneously nervous) this next book to didn't live up to the standard of the first book. Don't get me wrong, once I hit a certain point in the story, I flew through the second half of the book, but it took a while to get started. The second half was amazing, it was just the first half, that's all. I'm eagerly awaiting the second half of the series.



This was absolutely my favourite read of the month. I feel like it was better than the predecessors combined. It's been my favourite so far and I cannot wait to read War Storm after finishing my current TBR this month! The characters are super kick-ass, ready to take on everything they can after Mare is taken by Maven. What I found interesting was the complex relationship these two had in the first chunk of the book. We found out some hard truths in this book and it's set everything up for an epic finale, which came out a couple months back. Review in the title link.  
23. The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
This would probably be my longest book of the year if I hadn't obtained some insanely long books this year. 650 odd pages, and surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The only complaint I have is that it's been forgettable. Even know, it's been a book that I tend to forget about once I completed it and moved onto the next one. It was an interesting book, and I'll be sure to pick up the film when I have a spare moment, but it was a book that I doubt I'll pick up again.

How amazing this trilogy is I cannot begin to describe. Out of the three, I think that the second book is perhaps my favourite, though all three were absolutely incredible. Although I typically love all the trilogy's that I read, this is up there on one of my favourites. Maybe my top 5. I have reviews on all three of them, which you can check out if you want to.
I loved these novels.

Another review! I've been on point for these reviews! Anyway. I read this in under two days. Spontaneous decision to pick it up and I LOVED IT. So many things discussed, which I listed in my review, and which I am not going to list now. Sorry. Anyway. One word that I will use to describe this is honest. Like this novel does not sugar-coat the issues that it discusses. Also, I loved the characters that I got to meet in this story, the story of finding yourself again after a huge knock. I highly recommend this if you think you might be interested in it.

The books out in this trilogy are such a juxtaposition. I loved the first one, and I felt like the second could have been better. I'm intrigued for Finale, the third and final book in the trilogy, and I hope that something amazing happens because I am going to pick it up regardless of whether I love it, hate it, or somewhere in between. Full reviews on the titles above.

30. IT, by Stephen King
Okay, I don't want to go into too much detail about this book because I haven't posted my review on this yet. It's coming, I promise! I have way too many thoughts on this book not to post a review on it. The synopsis is about a bunch of characters, kids in the first instance, adults in the second (the book jumps back and forth constantly) that are plotting to take down IT, after they make a promise (when they were children) that if IT comes back, they will return to the town of Derry, to take down IT once and for all. This is the largest, creepiest book I have ever read and even though it took me 16 days, I'm happy I was able to read it.

Okay! So those are the books that I have read recently (books 21-30 of 2018!) Let me know in the comments if you like any of these, if you are thinking of picking up any of these, or even if you absolutely hated some of these! (So we can debate, I guess?)

So yeah! That's all I have, and that's gonna do it for this post!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Friday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment