Friday 27 July 2018

Booktubeathon TBR (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I was going to post my review of Children of Blood and Bone, but I realised that because I am not working during the week, I made a snap decision to participate in the booktubeathon!
And that means a TBR for today's post!
Enjoy!


1. Coin toss between two books.
The two options that I am going to choose is my current read and the one that is on the way- which are Skulduggery Pleasant's Midnight, by Derek Landy, and Shiny Broken Things, by Sona Charaipotra! It arrives on Monday, and I am anticipating both of them!
With further ado, let's do the coin toss! (Heads Midnight, tails Shiny Broken Things.)
The result:
Skulduggery Pleasant's Midnight, by Derek Landy!
In case you're new, I am a huge fan of Derek Landy, I have all 16 of his books, all of the Skulduggery Pleasant books and the Demon Road trilogy, they are basically everybody's Harry Potter to me: I grew up with the series. I started it today, and I already know that it's going to be amazing.
So, that's my pick!

2. Read a book about something I want to do.
I chose Leah on the Offbeat because I am always tapping out a beat on the table when I'm bored, and I've always wanted to learn to play the drums. So this is my choice, I hope I enjoy it!


3. Read and watch a book adaptation.

It has been a while since I've picked this book up and it's one of my favourite. It's also super short and that is a good strategy for a readathon! I also own the film, and it's on Netflix!

4. Read a book with green on the cover.
Another favourite that I haven't read for a while. I don't care that it's long, I'll get through it, because I love everything about it. The perspective of Cath, the themes that the book discusses, and the character development. It's not a cutesy book, it's honest and truthful. And I cannot wait to pick it up again.










5. Read a book whilst always wearing the same hat.
For the third time in a row, another book that I love, that I haven't read it AGES. This was one of the series' that I've wanted to pick up but it never seemed the perfect time. I'm hoping that I'll be able to read them all by the end of the year, which equals to about to books a month. But this is the first/thirteen, The Bad Beginning.

6. Read a book with a beautiful spine.

I actually don't have one for this. I've stared at my book shelves for a good 15 minutes before deciding what I would do about this challenge. Tomorrow I will go to Waterstones and pick a book that I like the sound of, as well as the look of the spine. I'll let you all know on Twitter or Instagram what my pick will be tomorrow!


And finally, 7. Read 7 books.
This is the other option to the coin toss, and since it's already on it's way, I'm choosing it as my second book. It may be 350 odd pages, but the first one I read in precisely a day, so I'm hoping It'll be the same for the conclusion. The stakes are higher, everything is wrapped up in this one, and I am expecting a book full of surprises and twists and turns. I cannot wait to read this!

So that is my booktubeathon TBR! I hope you like the selection that I picked out, and let me know what you are choosing to read for your seven!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you on Monday with my wrap up!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxxxxx
 



No comments:

Post a Comment