Tuesday 26 March 2019

Books/Series I Doubt I'll Pick Up

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
It's been a while since I posted a list, so I thought I'd list the books I doubt I'll pick up, ever!
Enjoy!

1. The "Anna and the French Kiss" trilogy
Nothing against this trilogy, I just genuinely think that it wouldn't mesh well with me. I tend to have a limit on cutesy romance and I think that this trilogy might just exceed that. If anybody loves this trilogy and would like me to try it, then let me know in the comments. It's unlikely I'll change my mind, but I might be convinced!


2. The Astonishing Colour of After, by Emily X R Pan
I started reading this last autumn, and I got maybe 70 pages in before I DNF'ed it. And I can say, with a fair amount of confidence, that I am never going to pick this novel up again. As much as some people may have loved this novel, because of it's mystery and the journey of the protagonist to make sense of their heritage, it was just too slow to me.

3. The "Renegades" trilogy, by Marissa Meyer
Although I love Marissa Meyer and her novels, I get the feeling that I won't be into this series as much as the others. The hype is real for these novels, make no joke. But there's something about the blurb that just doesn't gel well with me.

4. The Selection series/trilogy by Kiera Cass
There have been some mixed reviews about this series, and I have never expressed any interest in this series, nor am I going to. Although I'm sure it's very good, it's not a series' I think I'll be picking up any time soon.

5. Hollow City
Library of Souls
Having read the first one, I can say that I highly doubt that I will be picking up the next two. It seemed like the story was created to fit the pictures into them. There wasn't much to the story until the very end and I was left bored. Sorry for all the people that love this trilogy, but I was very underwhelmed.

Okay! So that was my list! I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to let me know in the comments what you doubt you'll ever pick up!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you soon.
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment