Friday 1 March 2019

February Wrap Up (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And as it's the first day of March, a wrap up is in order.
(Also, I specifically waited until March because I wanted to finish "On the Come Up" before I posted this.)
Anyway, there's nothing more that I wanted to say except, enjoy!


BOOKS
I finished a total of 4 books this month. Not only was the month shorter than the others, but I was also reading Lady Midnight throughout the course of the month. The books I read this month were:

1. Five Feet Apart, by Rachel Lippincott, Mikki Daughtry, Tobias Iaconis
Five feet apart is about two characters, Stella and Will, who both have cystic fibrosis. The reason behind the title is that patients with cystic fibrosis cannot be within six feet of each-other, but that the characters want to take a foot back. It was an insanely fast read and I was not prepared for what was going to happen to these characters. I highly recommend you pick this up if you have any interest in this wonderful novel.





2. Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1), by Cassandra Clare (Re-read)
Having read this back in September 2016, I wanted to re-fresh my memory as to what happened in the first book, so I'm more in the mood to read the beast that is Lord of Shadows and Queen of Air and Darkness in the upcoming months, as I now own all three of them. The plan is to read one book from this trilogy a month, and finally finish the entire trilogy by the end of April. I have now fully emerged myself back into the Shadowhunter world and cannot wait to see what happens to these characters in Lord of Shadows.
3. Theatrical, by Maggie Harcourt
I went into this book wanting to love this book. Not only is it a contemporary with a subplot romance, it's set in the theatre, which will always have a special place in my heart. And do you know what? I absolutely loved this book. It was everything I was hoping for, and there was certainly enough drama and chaos to keep me occupied. I can confidently say that, even though it was my first Maggie Harcourt book, it definitely won't be my last.

4. On the Come Up, by Angie Thomas
After reading the amazing "The Hate U Give", I had high expectations going into this. And as you might expect from Angie Thomas, I was not disappointed. There is a review coming of course, and that will up sometime in March but for now, I'm going to keep my thoughts. One thing I will say is that I liked how much what happened in "The Hate U Give" was incorporated into this novel. It wasn't a main theme, but it cropped up every now and again and had some meaning within the plot. I thoroughly enjoyed this and a review is coming, I promise.

FILMS AND TV SHOWS
1. Happy Deathday 2 U
That's right, I went to go and see a horror film, on Valentine's Day.
But to be honest, it wasn't really a horror. Sure, it had a couple of creepy moments, but there were also funny moments, and I have to admit, some amazing scientific moments. It took a different direction than what I was expecting but, funny enough, I actually really enjoyed this film.

2. Dragonball Z
Yes, I am still hooked on this show, and yes, I will keep watching until the end. The characters are epic and bad-ass, and for some reason I've formed an attachment to them. If you like anime and violence, then I recommend giving this tv show a try.

3. Meet the Parents: Little Fockers
One of my comedy favourites that I haven't watched in a while. I love this family comedy and it remains one of my favourites.


Okay! That is my February Wrap Up! I hope you enjoyed it, and don't forget to let me know what you got up to in February!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment