Monday 18 March 2019

Out of My Comfort Zone Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
I was thinking of an idea for today's blog post, and it occurred to me that I haven't done a book tag yet this month!
This is the "Out of My Comfort Zone Book Tag", created by Emmabooks on YouTube, the original video is on YouTube so you can check it out.
I hope you enjoy this and feel free to comment down below.
Enjoy!

THE RULES
You have to pick one genre that you (maybe more than frequently) read and you can't pick any books from that genre!
So, even though the two genres are pretty close to what I read the most, I think I'm going to exclude YA fantasy. (What comes second is hard-hitting YA contemporaries.)

1. A book that is an exception when it comes to genres or elements you don't typically like.
This is the hardest question by far. The only element I can think of, is a love triangle. And the example for this element is... Twilight, of course!

2. A book you enjoyed from a genre you previously held some stigma against.
I think, when I was younger, the main genre I really didn't want to try was romance. And romance is rarely the main genre. It might be a sub plot, but it's rarely the main plot. The first fully romance book that I read is probably Jacqueline Wilson's Love Lessons.

3. A book you didn't know was out of your comfort zone until you started it.
It, by Stephen King. Not to mention the size, but the font is also tiny. Those of who have picked up a Stephen King book know: each page feels like a chapter. That and, the fact that I had never picked up a horror book ever, this was my idea of a nightmare.


4. Pick a friend that motivates you to pick up books you might not normally be interested in- is there a book they convinced you to try?
All you guys! I love talking about books! And for that, I need to read. As for who motivates my to try books I wouldn't usually- all the booktubers. They all sounds so excited to read all these new books, and that motivates me too.

5. A book that is out of your comfort zone, but you would like to read.
A full graphic novel series. Like Saga.

6. A book or genre that is out of your comfort zone that you'll probably never give a chance.
As much as I hate to say it, it'll probably be memoirs. I don't have any type of interest in delving in a memoir nor do I plan to.

I TAG
As always, anybody can do this tag!


Okay! That was the "Out of My Comfort Zone" Book Tag!
I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know in the comments what you would say for these questions!

I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment