Monday 4 March 2019

March TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's my favourite time of the month because I get to post my TBR!
I have a couple of fairly large books for this month, so I hope I can get through all of them, but here they are!
Enjoy!


1. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2), by Laini Taylor
Truth be told, I wasn't going to pick this one up this month. I was going to save it for after I finish the Dark Artifices, because those books are big enough without adding another to the equation. But my boyfriend Jordan picked this one, and to heck with it, I'm going to honour it. I'm about 100 pages into it and although a lot hasn't happened yet, in terms of the characters, it's like nothing has changed. I still love them just the same. I really hope I enjoy this as much as Strange the Dreamer.

2. Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2), by Cassandra Clare
Book 2 of the Dark Artifices! Unlike Lady Midnight, I haven't read this one before and will be reading it with fresh eyes. From what I've heard, a lot of people like this more than Lady Midnight, and I am excited to see what happens in Lord of Shadows, so I can be ready to pick up the concluding novel in April. I have no idea what is going to happen, and this is probably the book that I am most looking forward to picking up!

3. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton
I got this last month because everybody on Booktube is raving about it. I don't really know much about it other than what the blurb says, which is basically how Evelyn will die, day after day, until Aiden can figure out who her killer is. Also, Aiden is a different person every night, and someone is determined to stop him from ever leaving. I love the cover, I love the premise, and I really hope I enjoy the story as much as everyone else has.

4. The Sun Is Also A Star, by Nicola Yoon
I'm not really in the mood for this, to be honest. But something tells me that I'm going to need a short, light-hearted contemporary romance after all that mystery and violence in the books at the top of this TBR, and The Sun Is Also A Star will be the perfect anecdote for that this month. Also, it's been ages since I've read a Nicola Yoon book, and there's also the fact that this book is becoming a movie later on this year and I need to have read this before it comes out. Let me know if you've read this, and whether you enjoyed it in the comments!

5. The Light Between Worlds, by Laura Weymouth
So, I literally got this book today. I saw the spine, picked it up, saw the cover, read the blurb, and bought the book. It's a magical realism novel, and even though I haven't enjoyed a whole lot of these, there's a little under-current of mystery and intrigue that I find really interesting, to say the least. I only found out lately that it's a historical fiction novel too, because it's set in 1944. I'm super excited to read this, especially as I know like nothing about it.

Okay! So that is my March TBR (2019)! I hope you enjoyed reading it, and let me know in the comments what you're reading this month!
Right! I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all soon!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



3 comments:

  1. The first two books are loooong... Did you like Strange the Dreamer? I was going to read it but the size deterred me. Good luck with your TBR!
    Vivien @ Pages of Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. +Vivien Cheng The first two books are my main aim for this month, so I hope I get to finish them both... I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Strange the Dreamer, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Light Between Worlds has a gorgeous cover!!! <3

    ReplyDelete