Monday 1 April 2019

April TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And with a new month, comes a new TBR!
There's nothing I love more than a new TBR; which is basically planning a list.
So here it is; enjoy!

1. The Light Between Worlds, by Laura Weymouth
This was one of those books where, I saw the cover, I read the blurb, I bought the book. All I know about this book is that it's about two sisters that are transforted to a magical world, away from their city, which is in the midst of WWII. Five years later, they must return to the real world, and live ordinary lives. But Evie, does not like it, she dreams of the land she once left, even though Philippa has grown to love the real world, her peace is shattered when she hears the words she dreads: your sister is missing. As she searches for her sister, she can't help but wonder: did she make the journey back to the magical land, or was the light too bright, and did she fall? I don't know about you, but that sounds like an exciting synopsis?

2. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton
Another beautiful cover, though that was just a bonus. The world and it's mother have been raving about this book, and I figure it's about time I give it a try. The premise is super interesting, and on top of that, I'm really excited to jump into this novel, which I barely know anything about.

3. Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2), by Cassandra Clare
I didn't get to this last month because I was reading Muse of Nightmares last month instead of this. I don't regret that, because it means I got to tick off the first of my TBR Jar Challenges, but this TBR challenge has been on the back-burner since February. But it's time I get back on track with it. I'm intrigued as to what happens next with all the characters I met in the first book. With Emma and Julian, all of Julian's siblings, and everybody else!

4. Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1), by Kevin Kwan
This is the perfect length to finish my TBR off for this month. This is an extra book that I will get to if I finish the others, but they're my priority. I've been looking forward to reading this, and it's high time I picked it up, since it's been collecting dust on my bookshelves since January. Let me know if you enjoyed it!

Okay! That's my April TBR! I hope you enjoyed reading about what books I plan to read this month, and hey! Let me know in the comments what you want to read, so we can chat about it!

Right! That's all I have for today!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




7 comments:

  1. I loved Crazy Rich Asians. I think I found it particularly funny because I'm Chinese and I understand their dialect. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Vivien @ Pages of Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'm really looking forward to reading it, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I had some issues with the 7 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, but loved the plot. I think it would have been better as a movie, but everyone has different opinions. Hope you enjoy your April reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, I like the look of the premise, and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  3. The Light Between Worlds looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it caught my eye! It's really good so far as well!

      Delete