Wednesday 10 April 2019

This or That Book Tag!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm doing the This or That Book Tag!
Enjoy!

1. Reading on the sofa or in bed?
Although I do tend to curl up on the sofa when nobody is home, or there isn't any noise downstairs, the majority of my reading is done on my bed, or when I'm about to go to sleep, so I'm going to go with bed. Saying that, I do a fair amount of reading on my lunch break too.

2. Male main character or female main character?
I don't mind reading from either a male main character or a female one, I don't have a preference. I also don't choose my books based on whether the protagonist is a male or female. Though if I'm being completely honest, I probably read from more female perspectives. Females just happen to be the main character for the books that I like to read.

3. Sweet snacks or salty snacks while reading?
Sweet snacks, hands down. There's nothing like snacking on a box of Maltesers while you're reading.

4. Trilogies or quartets?
Although I have read the odd quartet, like the Raven Boys for example, but I have a lot more trilogies than quartets.

5. First person POV or third person POV?
Although I have read some third person POV stories, I find it easier to connect with characters when the story is first person. It's easier to see their motivations, their reasons behind their actions when the novel is first person.

6. Reading at night or reading in the morning?
Again, I don't really have a preference. I read whenever I have the time, whether that be in the morning, or the afternoon. Though because I tend to work from 9 until some time in the afternoon, I definitely get more of my reading done in the evening.

7. Libraries or bookshops?
When I was younger, the library was my home. I didn't have the money to afford the books that I get now. But, I still go into the library from time to time, to relieve the memories of the place that I learned to love books. They're redecorated since I was a child, so it feels kind of difference, which I think is why I go to bookshops more now.

8. Books that make you laugh or books that make you cry?
See, that's a tough one. I do like light-hearted funny books, I tend to pick them up after I've read a heavy fantasy book. On the other hand, if I'm in a bit of a low mood, I pick up something sad.
...
...
I'm going with books that make me laugh.

9. Black book covers or white book covers?
Honestly, neither. I do have more dark covers than light ones, but (other than a few exceptions) I don't pick books based on the covers.

10. Character-driven or plot-driven books?
Although I love both, I think I love character-driven books more. Although what happens in the story is important, if you don't like or relate to the characters, you won't care what happens to them.
So, I'm going with the characters.


TAGS
I'm tagging everybody that wants to do this tag!

Okay! That is the "This or That" Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it, and as I said before, you are free to do it if you want!

Okay! That is it for today's post, I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you on Friday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




1 comment: