Friday 5 April 2019

Top Ten Series' 2.0

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And just under three years ago, I listed my favourite series. And so, I think it's time for a 2.0!
I think it'll be different to see whether my list/order has changed, don't you think?
Right, let's get to it!

My favourite series' are: The "Skulduggery Pleasant" series, the "Slated" trilogy, the "Noughts & Crosses" series, the "Mistborn" trilogy, the "Infernal Devices" trilogy, the "Six of Crows" duology, the "Harry Potter" series, the "Songs About A Girl" trilogy, the "Tiny Pretty Things" duology, and the "Three Dark Crowns" series.

Okay, now the hard part. Ordering them.

10. The "Tiny Pretty Things" duology, by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton
This made the top ten list, because it was addictive, it was really dark, and it dealt with a lot of issues in general, not just in dance. I flew straight through both books, and if you are a fan of dance, even if it's not ballet or contemporary, this duology is worth picking up, especially if you're looking for a duology that you can't put down, and isn't too long.


9. The "Songs About A Girl" trilogy, by Chris Russell
I picked the first book up on a whim, because I was intrigued by the cover. Not really expecting much, I picked it up, and I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. It wasn't something I should have liked, but there was something so familiar about the story, the protagonist, that I couldn't help but love it.


8. The "Slated" trilogy, by Teri Terry
Now, this book was my favourite series, last time I wrote this list, and it hasn't become any less awesome, I've just read some books that I like more. It's by far my favourite YA sci-fi trilogy, because the writing is completely unique, as is the premise, and I can't wait to re-read this trilogy, because Fated (the prequel) came out last month!

7. The "Three Dark Crowns" series, by Kendare Blake
The fourth book is yet to come out, it's out in September, but I can honestly say that this series' has blown me away. The second book aside, I was not expecting this series to go in the direction that it did and I can't wait for the explosive conclusion for the series. The covers are beautiful, the characters have grown and developed so much since the first book, and the writing and plot is magnificent.

6. The "Infernal Devices" trilogy, by Cassandra Clare
 Now, this one surprised me. I rarely get on well with a Cassandra Clare book, no matter how well written it is. But I genuinely loved this trilogy. I read the whole thing quicker than I read one other Cassandra Clare book. There's no touching this trilogy Cassandra Clare. Doubtlessly amazing, my eyes were glued to every page, that I finished at lightning speed. I'm so glad that I waited as long as I did to read this trilogy, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to blog about it. Pick this trilogy up if you're a Cassandra Clare fan guys.

5. The "Six of Crows" duology, by Leigh Bardugo
Now, I have never felt the desire to pick up the Grisha trilogy, nor will I ever. But when I heard about this duology, where a team of deadly group of criminals attempt to pull off arguably the most impossible heist ever, I was instantly hooked. Not only that, when I got into the duology, I fell in love with the individuals, and the bond that they all began to share. I don't know anything about the Grisha trilogy, but what I do know is that this duology should be on everyone's favourites list!

4. The "Skulduggery Pleasant" series, by Derek Landy
There are too many books in this series to count, so that is why there is not a picture here. The reason that this series' is my No.4 is because this series' was my Harry Potter. It was the series where I always bought the next book, the day it came out. All the characters are either mysterious, or kick-ass, or are seriously misunderstood. The final book (I think) is out in June, and I have no idea where the book will end up! Skulduggery Pleasant was my reading life when I was younger, and it will always have a special place in my heart.


3. The "Mistborn" trilogy, by Brandon Sanderson
I read this last summer, and even though it was less than a year ago, last week I got the urge to pick up another Brandon Sanderson book! If that doesn't say something about how much I loved this trilogy then I don't know what will! The writing, the world building, the characters, I genuinely can't fault them! If you are a fan of fantasy, then this is the author to pick up!

2. The "Harry Potter" series, by J K Rowling
I really don't need any words for this. The phenomenal Harry Potter series, everyone.

And the number one stop goes to...

The phenomenal...
1. The "Noughts & Crosses" series, by Malorie Blackman
I cannot explain how much I love this series. These characters are like real people to me. My emotions go from super excited to balling my eyes out when I pick this series' up, and I regret nothing! The fifth book, Crossfire is out (on my anniversary of all days) on July 4th and I am so excited, not just because there will be another book with all my favourite characters in it, but because I get to read the whole series again!

Okay! And that is my Top Ten Series' 2.0! Three years after, and I have to say there were some changes made! I hope you enjoyed reading about my faves, and let me know some of your favourite series' in the comments below!

Right! I hope you have a wonderful evening, and I will see you on Monday!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment