Monday 9 September 2019

Updates on 2019 TBR Jar Challenges

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And with just under 1/3 of the year left (how has 2019 flown so fast?), I haven't done an update on my TBR Jar Challenges in a very long time.
With just over 113 and 1/2 days left, these are how I'm doing with all my challenges of the year.
Enjoy!


-My TBR Jar Challenges-
These are all the challenges that I've completed so far this year:

1. The Dark Artifices trilogy, by Cassandra Clare
I read a book a month, starting in April, I think it was. My favourite of the three was Lord of Shadows, by far. I'm sorry, but Queen of Air and Darkness was just too darn long. I was reading it for a good three months before I finally hit the end, when I got through near enough the same amount of pages in the space of a week for Lord of Shadows. 'Nough said.


2. A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire #2), by Jessica Cluess
Even though I've completed this, the third and final book, A Sorrow Fierce and Falling, is on my TBR for this month. I want to see how this trilogy ends, where all the characters end up, and I can't wait to get started.


3. 1 Stephen King book-
I chose Pet Sematary for this challenge. My boyfriend Jordan got this for me from, somewhere and he wanted me to read it before we watched the film, which he had on his hard-drive. It was a decent story, and one I recommend picking up if you want an intro into the genre. I don't recommend the new film, it's not accurate at all.


 4. Skulduggery Pleasant Book 12 (Bedlam)- I read this a couple of months ago, after I met DEREK LANDY HIMSELF- and he was such a nice man (even though I brought every single one of my books- including the Demon Road ones). But I have to say, Bedlam was just as good as the original Skulduggery Pleasant books, better than Midnight and Resurrection for sure.


5. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2), by Laini Taylor
I read this back in February, and even though I didn't love it quite as much as I loved Strange the Dreamer, I loved the character development, how much more I got to see the world created by Laini Taylor, and the lovely poetic writing was just beautiful throughout the book. If you're a lover of beautiful fantasy with vast world-building and imaginative characters then I highly recommend Laini Taylor's books.


Here are the challenges I have left:
1. Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns #4), by Kendare Blake
The only reason this book hasn't been read yet is because it's not out in the UK until the 19th September. I was going to read it this weekend when I'm in London, but it's not out until next week. That just means I'm going to read it a bit later. I'm just going to have to avoid the internet until I do.


That's it! There's only one challenge that I have to complete this year, and hopefully I don't end up procrastinating and not finishing it!

Right, I hope you enjoyed my post, comment below if you've read any of these, and whether you enjoyed them or not!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete