Thursday 16 January 2020

New Year's Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I was going to write my Little Women review, but I really really felt like posting something else.
So, because it's already halfway through the month, I've decided to do the New Year's Book Tag!



How many books are you planning on reading in 2020?
My official Goodreads Reading Challenge is at 60 books for the year. My goal was 52 books last year and I managed 53, but I want to stretch it a bit further this year. I'm two books in and working on my third.


Name five books you wanted to get to in 2019 but want to prioritise this year:
1. A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1), by V.E Schwab
2. Skyward (Skyward #1), by Brandon Sanderson
3. Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicles #1), by Jay Kristoff
4. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe #1), by Neil Shusterman
5. The Starless Sea, by Erin Morgenstern
 
Because I accomplished what I wanted to (mostly) from last year, it was a real struggle to come up with this five. Most of them are essentially, the first book of fantasy series', but that doesn't mean that I'm excited for each and every one of them.

Name a genre you want to read more of.
There are a couple of genres I want to try and read more, but the two main ones I want to try and pursue are historical fiction and graphic novels. Last year I started off to a great start, and although I continued on with some more graphic novels, I didn't really read much more historical fiction other than a couple of books. So I'm going to try and make more of an effort to pick up historical fiction and graphic novels this year.

What's a book you've had forever that you still need to read?
My current read:
I'm currently 500 pages through, and even though I've only had it 6 months, it's the book that's been on my TBR the longest.

One word that you're hoping 2020 will be?
Life-changing. Or altering, in any case.  

Tag a friend:
Hanna from @Hanna Reads


Okay, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all next week! I very much enjoyed this tag, the first of the new year!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxx


2 comments: