Monday 13 January 2020

2020 TBR Jar Challenges

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
Happy new year! I'm back with the first post of 2020, and it contains the TBR Jar Challenges I will be attempting this year!
So enjoy, as I list the challenges I probably won't get around to this year.

I put this on my list of series that I wanted to get to in 2019, and I didn't even start it (frankly I didn't finish any of those series'.) However, I managed to read everything on the TBR Jar list last year, so the series is making the jump. I've been interested in picking up this series for the longest time, and hopefully putting the trilogy on this list will change that.

2. Alice Oseman books: Particularly -Radio Silence
Having started and fallen in love with Heartstopper Vol 1& 2, this year I want to pick up more of Alice Oseman's books. I did a bit of information digging about some of her other books and I found a couple that seem interesting to me. Other than that, of course I'll be carrying on with the Heartstopper series as well!

3. Twin Ambitions, by Mo Farah
Last year I read a couple of autobiographies, and I really enjoyed them. I read Michelle Obama's autobiography, Becoming, and then, Paula: My Story So Far, at the end of 2019. It was wonderful to read about such inspiring people, so I decided to put another autobiography on my TBR Jar for the year, and since I very much enjoy running long distances, so I thought I'd try Mo Farah's autobiography.





4. Daisy Jones and the Six, by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I honestly didn't think this was going to be the first TBR Jar that I accomplished. When I was reading this, it was supposed to be Priory of the Orange Tree, by Samantha Shannon. But something called me to this book. To nobody's surprise, I absolutely loved it. It was so cleverly done, so well structured, so well cast, the story unfolded, like the opening of a book. This isn't a soft book, I'm not going to lie. Read this if you a hard, real life event of what went on in the 70s, behind the scenes of a world famous band. This will more than likely be in my Favourites list for the year. And it's only January!


5. This Vicious Cure (This Mortal Coil #3), by Emily Suvada
This is the third and final book in the This Mortal Coil trilogy. It's an exciting and fast paced story about DNA, in a world that's nearly in ruins after an epidemic swept the world. This is unlike any sci-fi trilogy that I've read to date and even 1 year later, I can still remember the ending to the second book. I have no idea where the story will go from here, and how it'll wrap up, but I'm excited to find out.

6. "The Chronicles of Alice" duology, by Christina Henry
The Girl in Red was one of my favourite reads last year (favourite books of 2019 is linked, by the way,) so I'm excited to pick up her Chronicles of Alice duology this year. It seems a lot darker than The Girl in Red, but it's been a while since I've read a dark Halloweenish series. (And it means that I can leave this one for a while and focus on the others for a while too.)


Okay! Those are my 2020 TBR Jar Challenges! I hope you enjoyed reading about them, and let me know in the comments what you want to read this year.
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon with my Little Women Film Review!
Byeeeee!
-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment