Monday 25 January 2016

My Favourite Book To Movie Adaptations

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am going to go another step further from my most anticipated book to movie adaptations, and go back to my own favourite book to movie adaptations.
Just to let you guys know, I will be including both book to movie adaptations that I have seen and read, and maybe a couple where I have only seen the films.
So, let's get to it!

My Favourite Book To Movie Adaptations
1. The Harry Potter series, by J K Rowling
Okay, you guys knew that this one was going to be on there, and what's the point in pretending it isn't? We all know the story of the boy who defeated Voldemort, and just the way they build the world of Hogwarts visually is just incredible. This one had to go on the list because both the book series and the films were incredible to the point where just thinking about them makes me want to watch them.


2. Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket
I loved that they made a film out of this book series (though I wish there were more, as the film only featured 3 of the homes, when there were actually 13 books), but I loved that they made a film out of such a different, mysterious and entertaining book series.
The Series of Unfortunate Events surrounds three children: Violet Baudelaire, a very 14 year old inventor; Klaus, a 12 year old reader; and Sunny, an infant biter. As they are moved from house to house as their parents die in a mysterious fire, the three children try to figure out the mystery that appears before them.


3. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
OMG, one of my most favourite books and films ever. It stands out against a lot of cancer books and films because it is completely different, and the film is as just as good as the book. 
My Sister's Keeper is about a girl called Anna, and her family, and she is sueing her parents for the rights to her own body, because she has been supplying her sister for the last thirteen years: her sister has acute promyelocytic leukaemia, and she is a perfect genetic match. The film and book starts when Anna gets a lawsuit, and they take place leading up to the end of the court case.
Also, I just want to point out the end of the book: OMG, THAT PLOT TWIST! (Read the book if you want to know more, and believe me, you will be shocked!)


4. If I Stay, by Gayle Forman
Not only does this one have a special meaning to me (I was in a car accident), but this book to movie adaptation is heartwarming and beautiful, yet tragic at the same time. And even though I do slightly favour the book over the film, it doesn't change the fact that I love them both.
If I Stay is about a girl called Mia, who has the chance to go to Juilliard, and has a relationship with Adam, a gorgeous guitar player, until one snowy morning, and her family is in a car crash. She is left with one choice: To go, see her family again, or stay where she has her friends, Adam, and her grandparents. Beautiful book and film, and I am so glad they made a film out of it.


5. The Twilight Saga, by Stephanie Meyer
A fairly obvious one, I think. The one where the human falls in love with the vampire.
What I love about the book and the film is that you get the same kind of feeling from both the book and the film.


7. The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
There's no way, they couldn't make this trilogy into films. Completely different plot to the rest of the books in the dystopian genre, genius. Just genius. 
The Hunger Games follows Katniss, a girl who is good (so much better than good) with a bow and arrow. She volunteers for the Hunger Games when her sweet as a daisy, sensitive sister Prim gets chosen for the Hunger Games, a fight to the death by 24 12-18 year olds-a man and woman from each 12 districts. 


So that is all I have for you today, guys! I hope you enjoyed it, and I'll see you all in Wednesday, when (hopefully), I'll have finished Snow Like Ashes, and I will have the review!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment