Monday 7 March 2016

Nineteen Minites, by Jodi Picoult

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
and as expected, I have finished Nineteen Minutes (took me long enough, I've been reading it since the 26th), and so I am now posting my review!

Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult 
Title: Nineteen Minutes
Author: Jodi Picoult
Genre: Thriller
Release date: 6th March, 2007
Pages: 579
Blurb: "As a midwife, Lacy Houghton brings lives into the world.
She didn't expect her son to take them away.
But that's what he did one March morning, when he walked into his high school with guns instead of books and killed ten people.
Along with the rest of the shocked and grief-stricken town, Lacy is left wondering when her shy 17-year-old boy turned in a monster. And was it her fault?
In the aftermath of the shooting, Lacy searches the past for clues and begins to realise that despite, or perhaps because of, her every effort, she never really knew her son at all..."

My Thoughts 
This one was sort of an odd one for me. I mean, I did enjoy the plot, but there were points when I was just going through the motions of reading this, and there were times when I just couldn't stop reading this. I liked the characters well enough, but there were moments that I just thought could have been more exciting. Also, it could have packed it all in in 100 less pages, in my opinion. (Nothing against Jodi Picoult's work, I just didn't like this one as much as the rest).
I love the concept of the book though, the fact that a student that had been bullied for years just casually walked into school and started shooting people. And also, the time jumps, both from before the day to the aftermath of it, and how it goes from a significant event before the shooting to afterwards, was another thing that I really liked about it.

So, those are my thoughts on Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult, and if you have any thoughts on this book that you wan to share, let me know! I am going to read The Reflections of Queen Snow White, by David Meredith, so watch out for that review! I will see you guys on wednesday, and with that, i bid you goodbye! Bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment