Sunday 16 October 2016

Wintery Books

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I know that I was certain that I would be posting my review of "Songs for a girl", by Chris Russell.
Buuuuut I decided I'd do a list, because I feel like I haven't done one in ages!
(I'm in a very winterry mood right now- heck, Christmas is less than 9 weeks away anyway).
So, here are the books I like to read in winter!

Winterry Books

1. Harry Potter series, by J K Rowling
Okay, I know I'm not alone in this. Because I know that Harry Potter just gives off a winterry/ Christmassy feeling, just because the feeling of family, (if not be blood, but by friendship) is constant throughout this series. I mean, that's the reason why I find this series kind of Christmassy, but why do you? Comment down below!

2. If I Stay, by Gayle Forman 
Even though this book is depressing, in the start it just gives off a wonderful winterry feel, especially in the beginning, before all the you know, events in the book... 
Anyway, the brisk and delicate feel of winter is constantly evident in this book, to the point that I almost always read it when I want to be put in the coldness of winter. (I know I'm talking rubbish, but I couldn't think of anything else to say). Love to read this book when it as cold as cold.

3. Let It Snow, by Maureen Johnson, John Green, Lauren Myracle
Even though I only enjoyed one of the stories, I still think this is a good winter read for anybody who doesn't want something too time consuming. It's three individual stories that cross-over each-other as the story goes on. It contains joyful and funny characters, and it's good enough for there to be a film coming soon. 
Release: 8th December, 2016. 

4. Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings #4), by Jackson Pearce
I bet you guys are sick of this book by now! Cold Spell is the last one in the series, but it's still good one to read by itself, because it's pretty much completely different to the rest of them (like you don't need to read the rest of the series to understand it- even though you should read the rest because they are amazing!) But seriously, it isn't compulsory. The description in Cold Spell, as well as the icy cold Snow Queen, who's perspective you do get to see just gives off this beautiful/ delicate/ FREEZING feeling of winter. Totally recommend this one!
5. Oblivion (Power of Five #5), by Anthony Horowitz
Now this one, you do have to read the first four to understand, because it is hella confusing if you don't. This series contains a massive battle that has three dimensional characters, an explosive plot, and it all takes place in Antarctica. Okay, the only reason I put this book on this list is because it takes in Antarctica. I admit it. But the fact that it's set in Antarctica, the place where the heroes in this book are weakest, makes the fact that they'll beat the Old Ones (the bad guys- and trust me, they're worst than they sound) that much more impossible. The cold that is constantly brewing makes every move that these characters make seem that much more desperate and final. It just makes everything seem bigger. 

So that is my Winterry Book list! I highly recommend all these books, even if they aren't all incredibly cute and light books, but they got published for a reason, and I really hope you all pick them up! 
So that is all I have for you guys today! I hope you all have a lovely day (or what's left of it, for those of you in the UK), and I will see you tomorrow!
And also, if you have any thoughts on the books that I've mentioned in this post, please don't hesitate to comment, because they truly make my day!
So have a nice day, and I will see you all tomorrow!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment