Monday 20 March 2017

Reading Books That Match The Season

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I was thinking I was going to post my review of the Dream Thieves today, but I just don't feel like reviewing something today!
So today I am talking about reading books to match the season.
This is sort of a rant/ rambling of thoughts, so I hope you enjoy it!

Reading Books That Match The Season
Today I want to talk about other people's reading habits, like whether or not they obey the seasons, and read things like fantasy (epic fantasy, urban fantasy etc) at winter, and summary and happy reads during spring? I used to be one of the people that ignored the seasons and used to just read what I felt like (like mysteries, and Sci-fis during summer, and contemporaries during winter), but now I find it hard to imagine the scenarios that the characters are in, because of where I'm reading it.

I mean, there are certain books that you can read whenever you want, and you'll have no problem imagining what is happening between the pages (such as Harry Potter, Hunger Games etc), but I feel like most books you have to be in a certain mood, or it has to be a certain season to read them (like you wouldn't read Let It Snow in the summer, or Since You've Been Gone in the winter).

Because as much as I wish I could read a whole lot of mystery and intrigue when the sun is shining, it just isn't something I can do.
This post is also sort of a discussion too, because I want you guys to tell me your thoughts on this too. Can you all read the deep and time consuming series when the sun is shining, or do you like to read books that match the weather? Tell me your thoughts :) .

To think about it, this sort of applies to holidays too. Like reading romance books around February 14th. Even though most books have some form or subplot that centres around romance, do you guys like to read full blown romance books around that time, or just books that feature just that tiny sprinkle of romance scattered throughout the book?

I think that's all I have to say on the subject, but I want to know your thoughts! Let me know in the comments below what you have to say on the subject!
So I will see you all on Wednesday, and I hope you have an enjoyable day!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment