Wednesday 21 March 2018

Introducing... Tiny Pretty Things, by Sona Charaipotra

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And I haven't done one of these for a couple of months. 
And I stuck for ideas. 
And I sort of didn't to post a full week of reviews. 
So here's my introduction to a book that I will pick up if not this month, but next month for sure. 


Tiny Pretty Things
"Black swan meets Pretty Little Liars in this soapy, drama-packed 
novel featuring diverse characters who will do anything to be 
the prima at their elite ballet school. 

Gigi, Bette and June, three top students at an exclusive 
Manhatten ballet school, have seen their fair share of drama. 
Free spirited new girl Gigi just wants to dance- but the very act 
might kill her. Privileged New Yorker Bette's desire to escape the 
shadow of her ballet-star sister brings out a dangerous edge in
her. And perfectionist June needs to land a lead role this year or 
her controlling mother will put an end to her dancing dreams 
forever. 

When every dancer is both friend and foe, the girls will sacrifice, 
manipulate, and backstab to be the best of the best."  

What appeals to me about this book is:

It has dance in it.
I mean, I'm not a dancer. I dabble when I'm in a show, like Hairspray for example, (I'm playing Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray (amateur) in Hairspray and I am loving this character) where a bit of dancing is required.

But I can't do contemporary and ballet, which is why I love reading books with ballet in them, which doesn't happen a whole lot, which is why I'm looking forward to pick this duology up. 
Ballet is so technical and you have to be so passionate and have it be your life to take it as far as these girls have done, and I'm looking forward to reading and deciding how authentic this book is. 

The diversity. 
Diversity is something that readers are hoping to read about more and more within the book community nowadays, and I am certainly among them.
And although ballet is an art that there's a particular body type that ballet companies like to see (I'm not saying that you can't do ballet if your a different body type, just that's what is particular about ballet) I like that there's diversity within the book.

It sounds dark and twisted. 
From what I know about this book is it includes addiction, whether that's to ballet, or something else, I don't know. I mean, the final sentence on the blurb sends shivers down my spine.
And books that are dark and twisted I tend to enjoy the most.


So that is my introduction to the Tiny Pretty Things duology!
I hope you enjoyed it! I haven't seen people talking about this one a whole lot on Booktube, but it's everywhere on Bookstagram, and I can't wait to pick it up.
And if this sounds like the sort of thing you might be interested in, then let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear what you thought of it, or if you want to pick it up!

So that is all I have for today!
I will see you all on Friday, when I will be posting my next review!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment