Friday 2 March 2018

March TBR (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's a new month! Great way to start spring- with a heap of snow in my town!
But with a new month comes a new TBR- and I can't wait to get to this one!
Enjoy!

1. Deception (Dark Matter #2), by Teri Terry
I am currently about 100 pages into this book at present, and although it's a slow going, something about this book is super intriguing. I'm worried because it's the second book in the trilogy, and often the second book in the trilogy is not up to the standard of the first. I can't give much away about the plot because it is the second book, but it's basically a search for the truth of what started an epidemic that has wiped out 95% of the population. The survivors are hunted, believed to have the powers to control the population. The first book was fast paced and gripping and I can't wait to see what the next one has to bring!

2. P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2), by Jenny Han
I read the first book about midway through February, and I'm eager to pick up the next. I've heard somewhat mixed reviews of this one, that it's not up to the hype of the first one, but I'm excited to pick this up all the same. I don't know as much about this one as I did the first, but I'm holding back the urge to pick this book up right this second because I have to read something else first! Fingers crossed I don't give in! Wish me luck!

3. The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood #1), by Melissa Albert
I know precisely zilch about this book, but it was on for a deal in the Tesco near my college, and this has gotten so much hype and so many fantastic reviews, and I was intrigued. It's the second shortest read in my TBR this month and I'm hoping that I'll be able to fly through it. From what I know of the genre, it's meant to be fantasy, and It's been a while since I've read a fantasy, so I'm looking forward to picking it up.

4. Love, Simon by Becky Albertralli
First things first: this is the same story as "Simon vs the Homosapien's Agenda". It just has a different title and cover. And do I wish I had the original design? Definitely. But I saw this book (this was the other for the deal in Tesco, by the way) and I want to read it. And so, I got the book with the other title and the new cover. Okay, now that's over. I can't to read this. I will for sure be going to see the film and I will also definitely be reviewing it! The book however, I know like nothing about. I know it's meant to be light-hearted and adorable, and I'm pretty fine with just knowing that to be honest.

5. This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1), by V.E Schwab
6. Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2), by V.E Schwab

Finally, I have this duology on my TBR! I don't know what it is, but something about this duology just keeps making me think about it! There's a select group of trilogies and series' and duologies that I cannot get out of my brain. Series' like this one, the Nevenight trilogy, or the Shiny Pretty Things duology. This is one of them! And I can't wait to pick them up and just marathon straight through them.

So that is my March TBR (2018)! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what books you'll be reading this month!
So that is all I have for you guys this month! I will see you all on Monday with my Greatest Showman film review, so look out for that!
I will see you then, goodbye!

-Abi xxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment