Wednesday 28 March 2018

My TBR List (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And something occurred to me yesterday: I say that one of my blogging goals this year is to read all the books that I own that I have yet to read. And so, why not do a TBR List?
A TBR List is a post that I've done a couple of times before. I basically list all the books that I own that I haven't read yet.

I hope you enjoy it!


1. One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns #2), by Kendare Blake
Although I've heard some fantastic reviews of this, I still don't know why I haven't got to this sequel yet, especially as I loved the first one. Maybe it's second book stigma? You love the first book, so you want the second book to be as good or even better. And it isn't. Regardless of the reason, I need to get to this soon. It's on my TBR for next month, so I should get to it soon.


2. King's Cage (Red Queen #3), by Victoria Aveyard
This is another book that I need to get to, because War Storm is out May 5th. This was going to be my next read, but I just didn't feel like picking it up. I know it's all a mind game, like if I just pick it up and ignore all the things my mind is saying then I know I'll love it. I want to read this book! I think part of the reason that I haven't picked up King's Cage, is because I didn't like Glass Sword as much as I thought I would. But I hope I enjoy it. (Let me know in the comments if you loved this book, if you hated it, or if your like me and have yet to pick it up!)

3. This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1), by V.E Schwab
4. Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2), by V.E Schwab
I am currently about to start this duology, because it's been long enough! I don't know too much about this duology, other than the fact that there is a super huge hype surrounding this duo. As for whether I'm just going to marathon both, or read one at the end of March/April, and do the same next month, I haven't made my mind up yet. I think it's more likely to be the former, as there are only two of them. But what I do know is, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this duology (and I can also cross it off my TBR Jar!)


5. The Crow Girl, by Erik Axl Sund
This book is basically a gruesome murder mystery. I bought this because it was the Waterstones book of the month a couple of months back, and even though I wasn't free on the date of the book club, it still looked interesting. It's a massive book, like over 750 pages, but the pages are blue. And taking quotes from the Sunday Express, The Crow Girl is "A compulsive page-turner." I can't wait to see if that's true.


6. Always and Forever Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3), by Jenny Han
I have been steadily working my way through this trilogy because they're just so good. I don't need to worry about getting to this because I know that I will get to this at some point in April. From what I know about this book is that Lara has a choice to make about university, and her family and Peter/ John. I mean, I have the perfect solution, but I still want to read it. I have flown through both of the previous and I can't wait to see how it's all wrapped up! (Though truthfully I don't want to say goodbye to any of these characters.)


7. The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
This is a book that I've attempted twice and even though I've gotten further each time, I still haven't finished it. Let's hope I get through it this time. The Host is a book about Melanie Stryder, a girl who refuses to let go of who she is, and sink down while the Wanderer invades her mind and controls her. She is out to find her love Jared, and as unwilling allies, they both search for him. The second time that I started this book, I got to maybe halfway through the book, and right now I'm intrigued as to how the story will end.

8. The Final Empire (Mistborn #1), by Brandon Sanderson
9. The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2), by Brandon Sanderson
10. The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3), by Brandon Sanderson
I'm thinking that I'm going to leave these until last. Frankly, these books are humungous, and yeah they might be amazing. But if I leave them until last, then I won't have anything left to read afterwards, and I can give them my full attention.


11. It, by Stephen King
I think I'm going to read this before or after The Crow Girl, because they are the most similar books to each-other on this list. They are both guaranteed to be creepy, and they're both huge books. I don't like the fact that I'll most likely be reading these in the summer, they're more winter books, when it's dark earlier in the day, but there's something about reading horrors and thrillers in the sunlight, that it just seems so off that something just run at you, like a clown or a murderer dripping blood, that reading horrors in the sunlight can make you even more scared.

12. The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
I actually only got this today! There have been some mixed reviews, but the rest have been singing this book's praises! I did promise myself that I wasn't going to buy any more books until I've the rest of the books on this list, but I got this from Air Ambulance and it was 95p. Also, books are bought like wildfire in there, so I had to have it! (Also, it's on my Goodreads "want to read" shelf.)


So those are the books on my TBR List (2018)! I hope you enjoyed it!
I will see you all on Friday with my March Wrap Up (2018)!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment